7 Replies Latest reply on Nov 22, 2015 3:36 PM by A.T. Romano

Half of audio not uploading

origamilover

I am using Adobe Premier Elements 13 on a PC with Windows 10.  When I upload a video file for editing, I have all the picture, but the last half of the audio is missing.  If I try closing the program and uploading again, it doesn't help.  I'm still missing the last half of the audio.  This has happened on multiple files and the audio is just fine on the original files.  What can I do?

• 1. Re: Half of audio not uploading
          A.T. Romano Level 7

origamilover

Premiere Elements 13 on Windows 10 64 bit.... Have you updated 13 to 13.1 using an opened project's Help Menu/Updates?

What are the properties of these videos where you appear to be losing the portion of its audio....what percentage, 25, 50 or 75% of the end?

What is the origin of this file, and how are you importing it into the project? Please include duration in video/audio properties.

Please explain

This has happened on multiple files and the audio is just fine on the original files.

Where are you playing the original files outside of the Premiere Elements Editor?

Please supply more details, and then we will decide what next based on the details in your reply.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: Half of audio not uploading
            origamilover Level 1

It says everything is updated.

This has happened with several video files.  All have been avi files.  When I play the files on Window's movie player, the sound plays for the entire file.  When I import the file into Adobe, approximately the last half of the audio is lost.  The video plays fine through the whole thing, the audio just drops out around half way through.  If I am trying a playback on Adobe, when it gets to the part where the audio drops out, the playback freezes.  If I advance a frame or two, it continues playing just fine, except with no audio.  The original files are stored on my computer and I use the Add Media, Files and Folders to import into Adobe.  Most files I've been using lately are around 1 1/2 - 2 hours in length.

• 3. Re: Half of audio not uploading
              A.T. Romano Level 7

origamilover

Thanks for the reply.

But, what are the properties of that video audio besides the file extension .avi. By any chance are you working with Cineform.avi? Essentially what kind of .avi?

AVI is just the wrapper/container format for the file with video and audio compressions et al.

Do you lose the waveform representation in the Timeline audio track as well as the sound at playback in the Edit area monitor.

Is the video as well as the audio affected in the areas with no sound ... can you and have you done any Timeline rendering of the Timeline content?

When you import the video audio into the project, in Project Assets, even before you get it to the Timeline, do you see a progress bar at the bottom right of the workspace with conforming of audio and video taking place? If so, do you wait for that to complete before you take any further action? Do you run into this issue when the duration of the video audio file is 1/2 the size (currently at 1 1/2 to 2 hours)?

Are the good as well as the problem files coming from the same batch and/or source? Are there any obvious differences in properties between good and problem files?

Clear the conformed audio files in the Media Cache Folder. To find it location, see Edit Menu/Preferences/Scratch Disks and the Media Cache category.

ATR

• 4. Re: Half of audio not uploading
                origamilover Level 1

I'm using a program called Magic DVD Ripper to create the original file.

I do lose the waveform representation in the timeline.  That's how I originally noticed that there was no sound.  I thought it was just especially quiet, then when I played that section, there was nothing.

The video is not affected in any way.

The first time I import a video, I see the conforming progress bar at the bottom.  I don't do anything until it's finished.  I have not noticed whether it cuts out early or not.  And once I've imported a file once, it doesn't run that process ever again so I can't re-watch to see what happens.  I tried importing a new file and watching it.  It was created with the same program (Magic DVD), but on a different computer.  This one imported no problem; all the audio is there.  I seem to be running into the problem when it is a file I have created on this computer.

I cleared the conformed audio files, I think.  At least, I followed the instructions.

• 5. Re: Half of audio not uploading
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

origamilover

Thanks for the reply.

Are you copying/ripping the DVD video files (VTS_01_1.VOB and series) from a DVD-VIDEO on DVD disc with this Magic DVD Ripper and then importing those VOB files into a Premiere Elements project with the project's Expert workspace Add Media/Files and Folders/Project Assets/ to Timeline?

Do you still have the original DVD-VIDEO on DVD disc? If so, please insert the disc into the burner tray, open Premiere Elements and use Add Media/DVD camera or Computer drive/Video Importer to get the DVD video files into the Premiere Elements project.

Is the DVD-VIDEO widescreen 16:9 or standard 4:3. Set the project preset manually to NTSC or PAL DV Standard or NTSC or PAL DV Widescreen before you do the Add Media. Use the following how to for the manual setting of the project preset...

• Open the project to the Expert workspace, and go to File Menu/New Project and Change Settings.
                  • In Change Settings, set the project preset to the above. OK out of there.
                  • In the New Project dialog that opens, rename the project and make sure to have a check mark next to "Force Selected Project Setting on This Project". OK out of there.
                  • Back in the Expert workspace, import your source media using Add Media/ choice.

Thanks for the follow ups. The answers are in the details and we will decide what next to sort them out.

ATR

• 6. Re: Half of audio not uploading
                    origamilover Level 1

The DVD Ripper makes it an .avi file which I then get into Premiere by Add Media, Files and Folders, etc.

I tried going straight from the video to Adobe, but it put up an error message.

I changed the presets this last time, but that didn't work either.

I did notice (since I was importing a new file this time) that when I first brought up the file and waited for the little status bar at the bottom to get finished that it got to 66% then just went off like it was finished.  Again, when I dragged it down to the timeline, the video was all there, the sound was only half there.

• 7. Re: Half of audio not uploading
                      A.T. Romano Level 7

origamilover

I have re-read all that has been written in this thread and want to make sure of the following.

Are you starting with a DVD disc with DVD-VIDEO format on it and you want to take the content of that disc into a Premiere Elements 13/13.1 project on Windows 10 64 bit?

If so, you do know if you are starting with

NTSC DVD-VIDEO standard on DVD disc

NTSC DVD-VIDEO widescreen on DVD disc

PAL DVD-VIDEO standard on DVD disc

or

PAL DVD-VIDEO widescreen on DVD disc?

If this does not apply to you, then stop here and report back in your thread.

What I would like you to do, if I am right about your wanted workflow and its goals, then

1. Set up the Premiere Elements 13/13.1 project with a project preset that is set by you to match the properties on what is on your DVD disc.

2. Then insert your DVD disc into the burner tray, and use Premiere Elements 13/13.1 to import the DVD video files from the disc to the Premiere Elements 13/13.1 Timeline.

The Premiere Elements 13/13.1 Add Media that you use is:

DVD camera or camera drive/Video Importer

From Video Importer, you can save your disc's DVD video files and/or get them to the project's Timeline for editing and export.

I can supply you with all the details that you need to do this.

Let us find out if any of the above applies to your. The steps that you have been taking may have contributed to your Premiere Elements results. Let us explore that thought.

Thank you.

ATR