1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 25, 2015 7:27 PM by A.T. Romano

I can't view video files through the preview or timeline monitors.  They play audio, but no video.  Why?

Alendrathril

Years ago, this program worked, but now none of the video panes play video.  Sure, I can hear audio, but nothing appears.  While playing back video from hard drive, the preview pane appears white, and the timeline pane remains blank.  However, if I pause a video played back from project timeline, that paused frame will appear in the timeline playback monitor.

I have ensured video drivers are up to date.

I have updated Quicktime.

I have no programs interfering.

Windows 7 Ultimate.

AMD FX-8350

8GB ram

nVidia 680GTX

The files are .MOVs from a Canon 5D Mark III.

Please help!

• 1. Re: I can't view video files through the preview or timeline monitors.  They play audio, but no video.  Why?
          A.T. Romano Level 7

Alendrathril

Thanks for the details for your issue, but one major one you did not include....what version of Premiere Elements are you using?

If the QuickTime 7 install is good, then that is one factor out for the no video display with these .mov files.

However, if you are using Premiere Elements 10 on a computer that uses a NVIDIA GeForce video card/graphics card, there is a 99.99999% probability that is the issue. The answer to that classic situation is to roll back the driver version to May 2013. In many instances today the older NVIDIA drivers are not old enough.

ATR Premiere Elements Troubleshooting: PE10: NVIDIA Video Card Driver Roll Back

If you are lucky, the older driver might still be on your computer and can be called back to replace the up to date driver.

Just in case, I would check the integrity of the QuickTime 7.7.8 install by going to the sharing area of your version to assure that you have presets for the Computer/QuickTime exports.

Please consider, give more details, and then we can decide on what troubleshooting needs to be done. Any question or need clarification, please do not hesitate to ask.

Thank you.

ATR