• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Using ADE on an Android device?

Explorer ,
Oct 26, 2015 Oct 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been using ADE on a Windows OS for some time, without any recent problems. I have now downloaded the Android app and can't get it to work. The preloaded manual is useless. I can't get it to recognise the Kobo reader, even though this is visible on the Android device, nor can I get it to open a downloaded .acsm file. How is it supposed to work?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Jan 26, 2016 Jan 26, 2016

I don't think so. I think that you have to open the app and then the app will open the .acsm file, which will then download the .epub file and this will appear in the app. There is an app called ES File Explorer which will open .acsm files if you still have a problem. Download this and then when you open the .acsm file it will offer you options on what to open it with and you select ES File Explorer. It will download the .epub file and ADE should then find this and show it in the library

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Jan 21, 2016 Jan 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you ever figure this out?  I have the same problem.  The android app accepts my login but acts like I don't own any books.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 21, 2016 Jan 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which error message you get?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 22, 2016 Jan 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No error. I am logged in to the app with the same credentials I use on my laptop.  On my laptop, I can see several books that I've purchased over the years.  The app thinks I don't own any books except for the default guide. 

(I have the "auto download" enabled.)

Also, when I try to download an .acsm file on my smartphone, the phone just treats it as an unreadable file in my Downloads folder.  I thought since I had the app, the app would know what to do with it and give me access to the book.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 25, 2016 Jan 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Auto-Download is a new future and work at moment only in a direction. Only from the app to the Digital Edition on your windows or Macintosh. If you want a eBook to the app you must it move to the Device of the app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah.  How do I move the ebook to the device?  When I tried to download the .acsm file to my phone, my phone puts the file in the downloads folder.  When I try to open that, the phone just says "can't open file." 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has you authorize Digital Edition on your Phone also with the same Adobe ID?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. But at the point of download, the app should open anyway, right?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 26, 2016 Jan 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you download a file its open not the app. First when you open the download file. Only exception the download over a ACSM-File. This open make a download again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think so. I think that you have to open the app and then the app will open the .acsm file, which will then download the .epub file and this will appear in the app. There is an app called ES File Explorer which will open .acsm files if you still have a problem. Download this and then when you open the .acsm file it will offer you options on what to open it with and you select ES File Explorer. It will download the .epub file and ADE should then find this and show it in the library

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AH.  Thanks.  You were absolutely right, Carole (r?). 

The steps I used:

1. Install ES File Explorer & open it

2. Navigate to the Download folder

3. Click on the .ascm file there

4. Chose Other (not text, image, etc)

5. See a list of apps and select Adobe Digital Editions

6. Yay!    

Why aren't these steps documented right inside the app, or on this website?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 12, 2021 Mar 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Collegetowngirl thank you too.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 29, 2017 Dec 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How to on Android Adobe digital editions used .acsm  to PDF download? Please detail explain

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 20, 2018 Jul 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ADE ON ANDROID SOLVED !!!!!!

1. Find the folder on your windows PC that holds .acsm files

2. Create a folder on Desktop - I used AdeBooks or any folder name you choose

3. If there are any duplicates copies of your .acsm e-books delete those copies - reduce the file size

4. Copy all .acsm to the new folder

5. use your USB cable to connect  Windows PC, Laptop to your Android phone

6. Copy over all your Books to the Digital Editions Folder on your Android Device

7. Enjoy

Salaam

ms651salaam@netscape.net

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 10, 2019 Jun 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have digital addition 4.5.10 installed on iconia acer android tablet for a few month now.  Was working all right.

Suddenly, the new books (downloaded on pc and transferred to android) are not in the library anymore.  when android tablet  is connected to pc, I could see: they are there.  but they disappear when I open ade on tablet.

or if I downloaded more than 2 books, ade doesn't open at all.  after I delete new additions, ade opens again.  How to fix that?

Thank you in advance.  Inna

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 04, 2020 Apr 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This doesn't work for me, once I click on a .acsm file from Es File Explorer, Adobe Digital Edition opens and a message appears saying "Please wait will fullfilment and download is in progress" with a conpletion bar showing 0/100 of progress and nothing happening anymore. My internet connection is perfectly fine. What is Adobe doing ? Their software/app is total crap and they do nothing to fix basic functionnalities.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 23, 2022 Dec 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

same issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 12, 2021 Mar 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a hack, a work around, for something that should be almost automatic.  Thank you for this information, I've been trying to get some ebook files loaded that support the audiobook I need for school.  However, this work around has cost me several hours of mucking about.  Adobe should be ashamed of releasing software that requires paying customers to fix their software with freeware and aggravation. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 05, 2022 Jan 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I 100% agree

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines