Did you ever figure this out? I have the same problem. The android app accepts my login but acts like I don't own any books.
Which error message you get?
No error. I am logged in to the app with the same credentials I use on my laptop. On my laptop, I can see several books that I've purchased over the years. The app thinks I don't own any books except for the default guide.
(I have the "auto download" enabled.)
Also, when I try to download an .acsm file on my smartphone, the phone just treats it as an unreadable file in my Downloads folder. I thought since I had the app, the app would know what to do with it and give me access to the book.
Auto-Download is a new future and work at moment only in a direction. Only from the app to the Digital Edition on your windows or Macintosh. If you want a eBook to the app you must it move to the Device of the app.
Ah. How do I move the ebook to the device? When I tried to download the .acsm file to my phone, my phone puts the file in the downloads folder. When I try to open that, the phone just says "can't open file."
Has you authorize Digital Edition on your Phone also with the same Adobe ID?
Yes. But at the point of download, the app should open anyway, right?
If you download a file its open not the app. First when you open the download file. Only exception the download over a ACSM-File. This open make a download again.
I don't think so. I think that you have to open the app and then the app will open the .acsm file, which will then download the .epub file and this will appear in the app. There is an app called ES File Explorer which will open .acsm files if you still have a problem. Download this and then when you open the .acsm file it will offer you options on what to open it with and you select ES File Explorer. It will download the .epub file and ADE should then find this and show it in the library
AH. Thanks. You were absolutely right, Carole (r?).
The steps I used:
1. Install ES File Explorer & open it
2. Navigate to the Download folder
3. Click on the .ascm file there
4. Chose Other (not text, image, etc)
5. See a list of apps and select Adobe Digital Editions
Why aren't these steps documented right inside the app, or on this website?
How to on Android Adobe digital editions used .acsm to PDF download? Please detail explain
ADE ON ANDROID SOLVED !!!!!!
1. Find the folder on your windows PC that holds .acsm files
2. Create a folder on Desktop - I used AdeBooks or any folder name you choose
3. If there are any duplicates copies of your .acsm e-books delete those copies - reduce the file size
4. Copy all .acsm to the new folder
5. use your USB cable to connect Windows PC, Laptop to your Android phone
6. Copy over all your Books to the Digital Editions Folder on your Android Device