1 2 3 Previous Next 82 Replies Latest reply on Jul 18, 2016 9:50 AM by Oceanjul

Adobe Stock Free Trial

Rosc363 Level 1

I received notification that I can download 10 free images from Adobe Stock. How can I do this?

• 1. Re: Adobe Stock Free Trial
          Pattie-F Level 7

Moving to Adobe Stock forum.

This promotion is for new subscribers of an Adobe Stock 10 images a month Annual Plan and new and existing Creative Cloud subscribers that add an Adobe Stock 10 image a month Annual plan. New subscribers are automatically refunded for their first month of Adobe Stock. See Terms & Conditions

• 2. Re: Adobe Stock Free Trial
            ssteph78067568

Can you please explain how this refund works? It is not clear in the terms and conditions when the refund will be sent.

• 3. Re: Adobe Stock Free Trial
              Beverley Gray Adobe Employee

Hi ssteph

Refund is processed within 3-5 days of the order being placed.

Kind regards

Bev

1 person found this helpful
              • 4. Re: Adobe Stock Free Trial
                opera4all Level 1

Be warned. I tried this. I decided to cancel within the 14 day grace period.

There was no option on the site to do that, so I contacted support and was told, you can't cancel Adobe Stock - you have to cancel the whole Creative Cloud + Stock membership and place a new order for a 12 month subscription to Creative Cloud.

Feels a bit like a scam to me

John

• 5. Re: Adobe Stock Free Trial
                  surbic25405867 Level 1

You're so right. The free trial offer is very misleading in its set up. They offer it under the guise that it is an add-on whereas they change your entire subscription without any warning at all. The terms and conditions clearly states that you can cancel the Adobe Stock membership and continue with your creative cloud membership however, when I spoke to a customer service representative, they gave me generic answers, advising me to cancel my membership altogether.

Ultimately I had to cancel it.

Very bad customer service, did not resolve any of my issues as I wanted to be put back on the discounted subscription I initially signed up for, only 5 days ago.

Surbi

4 people found this helpful
                  • 6. Re: Adobe Stock Free Trial
                    klynnftw Level 1

This is honestly a scam. Only do it if you know you want to keep Stock for the full year. I signed up for the free trial under the impression that I could cancel it within the first month. Come to find that changing my membership back to the Creative Cloud without Stock restarts the 12-month commitment. This isn't stated ANYWHERE in the free trial offer, otherwise I obviously wouldn't have done it. The original subscription was purchased in August 2015. Adobe just swindled an additional five months of subscription out of me and I am really, really unhappy about it. I've been a loyal Adobe user for years and I really would have expected a company like this to have more integrity.

• 7. Re: Adobe Stock Free Trial
                      oliviacmills

This is a scam. It says cancel risk free within the allotted time. How is having to cancel your entire account "risk free"? What a horrible way to treat faithful customers.

• 8. Re: Adobe Stock Free Trial

Hi oliviacmills

You can change from 'CC + Stock' back to CC using the switch plan option within your account - see Cancel your Adobe Stock membership

Thanks

Bev

• 9. Re: Adobe Stock Free Trial
                          arianes93319230

Capture d’écran 2016-03-01 à 13.43.50.png

I subscribe for One year Adobe photo Stock ans it was saying that I can cancel it durant 30 days (see photos), but when I tried to cancel it today, it was saying to me that I have to pay 50% of my one-year subscription.

Can you explain me why because i'm a student and I can't pay this montly bill, it's too costly for me.

Thanks, !

• 10. Re: Adobe Stock Free Trial
                            arianes93319230 Level 1

Capture d’écran 2016-03-01 à 14.07.46.png

english version to hel you - i want to cancel risk free within the first month, thanks !

• 11. Re: Adobe Stock Free Trial

Hi arianes

I see our support team have handled your cancellation request.  Thanks for trying out Adobe Stock!

Regards

Bev

• 12. Re: Adobe Stock Free Trial
                                Buy_Photoshop

Unsubscribe.

• 13. Re: Adobe Stock Free Trial
                                  daphnek17599847

Same for me. Just tried to cancel before a month and said it will charge me the $174.41 cancellation fee! Ha! How is that a risk-free trial?! Online chat isn't working either so I have resorted to Twitter. Very frustrated and just need to cancel my "free trial" for free.

• 14. Re: Adobe Stock Free Trial
                                    johnc58222525 Level 1

I also signed up for the free trial and have had the runaround by online chat support staff. Signed up 15 March, cancelled 4 April and was charged $197 cancellation fee. It's a month after signing up today, and even though I contacted them via chat immediately on 4 April I still haven't been reimbursed the $197 or the initial charge of $37 for the first month. They also had the nerve to tell me that it's not a free trial and they are refunding me the cancellation fee as an "exception".

NOT GOOD ENOUGH ADOBE!!!! There are multiple people complaining about this issue and you have had plenty of time to fix it. I consider this deceptive advertising. Am extremely frustrated right not.

• 15. Re: Adobe Stock Free Trial

Hi John C

Sorry for the frustration caused.  I have checked your account and both refunds have been processed so you'll see them on your credit card account within the next couple of days.

Kind regards

Bev

• 16. Re: Adobe Stock Free Trial
                                        stephanieb23407249

hi beverly,

I appreciate your responding on this forum. I would like to cancel my stock trial - ideally without paying anything. I downloaded the 10 images free -- they are lovely!

then tried to cancel & saw I would be charged ~$150 to "cancel early."

I tried chatting with Manjeet this morning who said it was impossible to cancel without that fee.

I will call tomorrow morning, but really, this is crazy.

it looked like a free trial. it sounded like a free trial. when I tried to cancel I was told I'd be charged $150. I've been charged $30 for the first month (after "two months free") and now am being asked to pay $120 to "cancel early."

this is really bad. I hope someone can help me - and I am going to do what I can to make sure others don't sign up for the "free trial."

(I do love lightroom, but this is ridiculous)

• 17. Re: Adobe Stock Free Trial
                                          stephanieb23407249 Level 1

(not to mention it's wicked complicated ... I can't figure out how to download my two months' worth of stock photos)

• 18. Re: Adobe Stock Free Trial
                                            nikkiodell

I am having the same issues outlined by others here.  I only downloaded 1 image on the day I paid for my subscription, and now that I'm trying to download more, I get an error message every time, "Error 400". It says that no more licenses are available for the picture shown.

The first day, I simply clicked on the photo I wanted and then clicked on the "cart", and it was downloaded. Now...nothing but error messages.

I just signed up for a slew of Adobe products, including the cloud, Photoshop, etc., and I paid the $29.99 for Adobe stock. The good part is that I did already receive the refund, but the bad part is that I can't download anymore photos. And, I fear I'm going to be ripped off even more when they try to bill me again. If I have this many problems only one week in, I can't imagine the problems I'll have after a month or more.

Can someone help?

• 19. Re: Adobe Stock Free Trial

Hi Stephanie

Can you please confirm that you only want to have the 10 images offered as part of the trial.  If so, I will arrange for the subscription to be cancelled and refund the April charge - this will mean that you only have the 10 images that you have already licensed.

Kind regards

Bev

• 20. Re: Adobe Stock Free Trial

Hi Nikki

Please check Error 400

Thanks

Bev

• 21. Re: Adobe Stock Free Trial
                                                  pascale45509010

Dear Bev,

Very nice to find a competent person on this forum, willing to help!

I have the same problem and feel very much the same that this is a SCAM!

Hassle-free? Not at all.

I tried to cancel on March 16, 1 day after I subscribed. I used 4 images.

I got the refund and thought everything was fine but now money has been taken from my paypal account.

Can you please help me out with this very frustrating issue?

Thanks a lot in advance!

Pascal

• 22. Re: Adobe Stock Free Trial

Hi Pascal

When did you first contact our support team to cancel your subscription?  Unfortunately I can't see any information logged about the cancellation request, but I'll go ahead and cancel it now & refund the charge for the 2nd month.

Kind regards

Bev

• 23. Re: Adobe Stock Free Trial
                                                      pascale45509010 Level 1

Thank you so much!!

That's the problem, I didn't receive a confirmation mail for my cancellation on March 15/16.

Can you please confirm this now?

Thanks a lot again, good to see that there is a good support on this forum!

Best regards

• 24. Re: Adobe Stock Free Trial

Hi Pascal

Yes, the subscription has been cancelled now & you'll receive the refund for the 2nd month within 3-5 days.

Kind regards

Bev

• 25. Re: Adobe Stock Free Trial
                                                          pascale45509010 Level 1

Great! Thanks again and all the best.

• 26. Re: Adobe Stock Free Trial
                                                            stephanieb23407249 Level 1

yes, Beverly, I only want the 10 that I have already downloaded.

You are an Adobe Angel - thank you for being so very responsive!!

• 27. Re: Adobe Stock Free Trial

No problem Stephanie!  I've cancelled your plan & refunded the last charge.

Kind regards

Bev

• 28. Re: Adobe Stock Free Trial
                                                                nc78701853 Level 1

I also contacted Adobe customer service to cancel within a month of signing up for Stock after taking advantage of the offer to try it "risk-free within the first month. The customer service chat told me that I only had 14-days to cancel, which is not what was stated in the offer and also absurd considering there was at the time no way to cancel online but only by contacting customer service over the phone at limited hours. I spoke with a customer service representative over the phone who offered to waive the termination fee and cancel my service, but he never sent a email confirmation I requested and I am still being charged. I called again on Friday to speak with another customer service representative who offered not remedy to the situation and was not able to connect me to supervisor but offered to arrange a call back for today. I never received the promised call from a supervisor!

I would also like to note that the option to cancel through the website (which was not available when I first attempted to end my "risk-free" subscription in the first month) now offers to waive the termination fee if you continue with free service for two months—does this mean that I will not pay a cancellation fee after the end of the two months of free service? If so, why can't I just cancel now and have the fee waived? The customer service representative with whom I spoke on the phone was unable to provide a satisfactory answer. Again, Adobe seems to represent a confusingly worded offer that seems to intentionally misrepresent how the plan works.

I would like to have my plan cancelled, the termination fee waived and the two additional months for which I was erroneously charged refunded, but Adobe's customer service is impossible to contact, keeps no notes of previous correspondence and has no follow-through. I'm thoroughly disappointed and will never use another Adobe product again.

• 29. Re: Adobe Stock Free Trial
                                                                  johnc58222525 Level 1

Beverley,

Thanks so much for sorting out my issues, and being so prompt and efficient on this forum. My erroneous charges have been reversed and appeared on my credit card statement. You're a shining example of how customer support should be handled and I hope you receive the recognition you deserve within the Adobe organisation.

Having said that, I want to reiterate what myself and others in this forum thread and elsewhere have already stated - this offer by Adobe is, at best, badly worded and confusing, and borders on being deceptive and misleading advertising. It's quite clear from my experience and the experience of others in this thread that regardless of how Adobe intended this offer to work, customers have not received the "risk free trial" that we were expecting due to the wording of the advertisement, the content of the confirmation email and previous experiences we have had with similar trials offered by similar organisations.  Free trials are offered by subscription services routinely, and never have I experienced the frustration I experienced this time with Adobe when I have chosen not to proceed with the service.

Can you PLEASE make certain that these complaints are escalated to the relevant people in your organisation who can address these issues and ensure that either the offer meets the current expectation of risk free trial, or that the wording on the marketing material makes it clear that this is simply one month free when signing up for an extended contract and that a hefty cancellation fee is involved when cancelling early.

Again, thanks so much for your help Beverley. None of the issues I've had can be blamed on you (quite the contrary), but this whole experience has left a bad taste in my mouth and won't be quickly forgotten when it comes to signing up to any subscription service with Adobe in the future - surely the opposite result of what a thinking professionally run organisation wishes to achieve from a free trial offer.

Kind Regards,

John

• 30. Re: Adobe Stock Free Trial

Hi John

Thank you for your feedback.

These complaints have been escalated to the relevant teams and they are working on improving the experience with this trial offer.

Kind regards

Bev

• 31. Re: Adobe Stock Free Trial

Hi nc78701853

I've checked your account and can see that the Stock plan has been cancelled and the refunds have been processed.

Sorry for the frustration caused.

Kind regards

Bev

• 32. Re: Adobe Stock Free Trial
                                                                        nc78701853 Level 1

Yes, finally after four phone calls. Why would Adobe have a policy in place that essentially gives people an incentive to complain about the brand on social media in order to get a refund. Just let the customer service representatives refund people the first time they call!

• 33. Re: Adobe Stock Free Trial
                                                                          stevee27181004

Get it together Adobe!!

This scam is beneath all of you.  Please have someone follow through with their word and refund me - as promised FOUR TIMES by FOUR different people.  We cant keep wasting each others time...but I am not going to let you off the hook.  Please just do what you have agreed to do in the promised time. 

• 34. Re: Adobe Stock Free Trial

Hi Steve

Refund was issued on 2nd May so will show in your account within the next day or so.

Thanks

Bev

• 35. Re: Adobe Stock Free Trial
                                                                              grigutis

Beverley, I'm in the same situation. I tried to cancel the subscription within the first month and am being asked to pay 50% of the yearly cost (~$170). Can you help me out? This is really deceptive on Adobe's part.

• 36. Re: Adobe Stock Free Trial
                                                                                rkweblog

I wish to cancel and have an issue! This cancel page does not work for my account for some reason. They are separate--Cloud and Stock. I have Teacher/Student and the only option is to upgrade when I go to that window. Otherwise, it says I am charged $164 to cancel. I am very concerned about this. Who can I contact about this?? Please.

Screen Shot 2016-05-04 at 1.21.59 PM.png

• 37. Re: Adobe Stock Free Trial
                                                                                  rkweblog Level 1

I did not know if you saw my note below, but I am having an issue canceling. It wishes to charge me $164! Like the other user, I assumed this was a risk-free trial that I could cancel during the first month! Please advise!

• 38. Re: Adobe Stock Free Trial

Hi grigutis

As you are within the first month, I will ensure your subscription is cancelled without charge.

Kind regards

Bev

• 39. Re: Adobe Stock Free Trial

Hi rkweblog

Thanks for contacting support who have cancelled your Stock plan.

Thanks

Bev

1 2 3 Previous Next