1 person found this helpful
It's the nature of Reflowable EPUB, that the Master Page items will not be written into the EPUB file.
This has been true since InDesign started supporting export to EPUB. I have exported EPUB in CS5, CS 5.5, CS6, and CC, and that hasn't changed.
The reason is that with reflowable EPUB, the size of the type and how the lines break will vary depending on the particular format of the eReader, and the font size determined by the reader.
Hyperlinks in EPUB should work for both Fixed Layout and Reflowable EPUB export.
How are you creating the Hyperlinks? Try the following:
- Select the text that needs to become the hyperlink.
- Choose New Hyperlink from the Hyperlink panel menu.
- Set the Link To option to URL in the New Hyperlink panel, and enter the full URL under Destination. E.g. http://www.adobe.com
- Click OK.
If you can't get it working:
- Do none of the hyperlinks work, or just some?
- Are you able to provide more information/screenshots of the steps you are using to create them, and the type of Hyperlinks you are creating.
- What's the source of the hyperlink? How are you selecting the destination?
- Does the URL you are using contain any special characters, or sub-directories? e.g. http://www.adobe.com/products/page-1.html
Also what version of InDesign CC are you using?
- (Win) choose Help > About InDesign or (Mac) InDesign CC > About InDesign
- The version is listed below the Adobe InDesign CC text
Also as Steve mentions... Master Items will only appear on EPUB pages, when you export to EPUB (Fixed Layout), but not for EPUB (Reflowable).
Hi Cari (and Steve)
I have been working on this issue (and others) which are now fixed.
Indesign CC 2014
ibooks 1.2 (825)
My hyperlinks within my text work fine.
select the text > right click > hyperlink > new hyperlink > url
My Most important ISSUE.
I have hyperlinks inside of my footnotes.
These worked for my other book published in 2010 and I cannot get it to work now.
My other ISSUE.
I have maps and chess boards .tiff in the back of my book.
I have footnotes.
In the footnotes I have 'textToDescribeMap'
select the text > right click > hyperlink > new hyperlink > page
This does NOT work.