3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 26, 2015 12:19 PM by A.T. Romano

Using Motion Effect via Monitor Panel alters wrong clip

erikt32056101

Premiere Elements 12. Windows 7 64bit

What I am doing: I click on/highlight a clip. The correct Applied Effects list is shown. In the Monitor Panel the clip has a box around it with handles I should be able to move.

Then: I move curser to the Monitor panel to click-and-drag to reposition (or to rescale).

What happens: As I click on the Monitor Panel the Applied Effects list changes to that of a different clip and the original highlighted clip loses its highlight (ie it goes from light blue to the same blue as all other clips)

The clip that is actually being altered is now the clip in the top most Track (ie above the the clip I want to alter) even if that clip is disabled.

Hope anybody can let me know how to fix this - it does not do this all the time

Thanks

• 1. Re: Using Motion Effect via Monitor Panel alters wrong clip
          A.T. Romano Level 7

enikt

Premiere Elements 12 on Windows 7 64 bit....

Please check out this example....

Image on Video 2

Image on Video 1

You want to scale or position the image on Video 1....

1. Right click the Edit area monitor and select Select, followed by the name of the image file on Video 1

2. Then do your scaling and positioning of image on Video 1 either in the Edit area monitor or under Applied Effects Tab/Applied Effects Palette/Motion Panel expanded with its Position and Scale properties.

That should work for you. Please let us know the outcome as your schedule permits.

Thank you.

ATR

Add On...Also look at highlighting/selecting the Image on Video 1, keeping away from the monitor, and go to Applied Effects Tab/Applied Effects Palette/Motion Panel expanded and its Scale and Position controls.

• 2. Re: Using Motion Effect via Monitor Panel alters wrong clip
            erikt32056101 Level 1

Thank You - I didnt know about the Select option - that is the perfect answer and will save me a lot of headaches in the future! Thank You

• 3. Re: Using Motion Effect via Monitor Panel alters wrong clip
              A.T. Romano Level 7

erikt

Thanks for the follow up with the great news that the Select option in the Edit area monitor worked for you. Great job on the follow up.

Best wishes with your Premiere Elements projects, and do not hesitate to ask if you have questions about your Premiere Elements projects' workflows.

ATR