6 Replies Latest reply on Oct 26, 2015 5:58 PM by Simon Southlight

struggling with blurry still jpg

Simon Southlight

Show has some video & a bunch of still jpgs. Last image is a banner 15 seconds long & is way too blurry. Can't figure out which import setting to use, to sort this?

• 1. Re: struggling with blurry still jpg
          A.T. Romano Level 7

Simon Southlight

What version of Premiere Elements and what computer operating system?

Lots of questions that need answers.

But, just a mention for now, not sure how applicable to what you have....

1920 x 1080 jpeg typically present sharper in the burn to disc products if the project preset is

NTSC

DSLR

1080p

DSLR 1080p30@ 29.97

Not sure how that is going to fit into a scenario for your situation, but...

Please give us more information including the pixel dimensions for your stills and the properties of those videos. Any questions about the questions, please ask.

Thanks.

ATR

• 2. Re: struggling with blurry still jpg
            Simon Southlight Level 1

Simon Hoyle - get the big picture

www.southlight.co.nz

Private content removed by moderator

On Tue, Oct 27, 2015 at 10:01 AM, A.T. Romano <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

• 3. Re: struggling with blurry still jpg
              A.T. Romano Level 7

Simon Southlight

What am I to understand from your reply to my request for details of the issue that you present - not even a Premiere Elements version number?

Did the troubleshooting information get cut out, leaving your contact information intact? Or is post 2 intact as you wrote it? If the latter, we need details to help you.

Please consider.

ATR

Add On....Please do not put contact information in the posts in order to avoid unwanted nuisances to your private information in this public forum. Moderators typically remove that type of information once the private contact information is seen.

• 4. Re: struggling with blurry still jpg
                Simon Southlight Level 1

ATR, thanks but I found hard to reply to your format. I thought I did send

version, etc.

OK we are Prem Elem 12 on iMac 27 with El Capitan.The issue has been how to

choose import settings to provide quality jpgs in timeline. Finally the

export criteria is puzzling as well. After help from your Adobe chat, we

have tried a few options but settled on an export setting MPEG 1080p 29.97

HDVT & finally achieved a satisfactory video for this immediate project.

I would like some more help on this matter & hope you can provide some

dialogue, advice by email please?

Thanks Simon

Simon Hoyle - get the big picture

www.southlight.co.nz

On Tue, Oct 27, 2015 at 11:50 AM, A.T. Romano <forums_noreply@adobe.com>