3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 27, 2015 7:51 AM by jasonb61817556

My PE 9 has stopped working. It won't load when i load a project and it won't start up and when i open it it comes to a grey screen.. then I press "open project" and when i try to open a project i get an error saying "Sorry, Premiere elements encountered

jasonb61817556

My PE 9 has stopped working. It won't load when i load a project and it won't start up and when i open it it comes to a grey screen.. then I press "open project" and when i try to open a project i get an error saying "Sorry, Premiere elements encountered a serious problem and needs to close."  I have tried looking through forums and no solution has helped. I am not technically savvy but have been able to show my hidden folders, and delete all of the files that people have suggested for this problem. Nothing has helped.

• 1. Re: My PE 9 has stopped working. It won't load when i load a project and it won't start up and when i open it it comes to a grey screen.. then I press "open project" and when i try to open a project i get an error saying "Sorry, Premiere elements encounte
          A.T. Romano Level 7

jasonb

Premiere Elements 9 on what computer operating system?

The usual drill

1. Are you working from the 9.0.1 Update of 9?

2. Does the problem exist with and without the antivirus and firewalls disabled?

3. Do you have the latest version of QuickTime installed on your computer along with Premiere Elements 9.0/9.0.1, and are you running the program's as administrator (from user account with administrative privileges)?

4. Is your video card/graphics card up to date according to the web site of the manufacturer of the card?

5. Are you working with a working Internet connection?

6. Is your computer defragmented and otherwise optimized....no pile ups of preview files, conformed audio files, or conformed video files?

7. Have you deleted the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file? If not, please do that. Once I know what computer operating system that you are using, I will give you instructions for doing that.

8. Do the uninstall regular way, free ccleaner run through, and reinstall with antivirus and firewalls disabled.

9. What was the last thing you were doing in the program before your issue appeared?

Let us start here and then we can plan troubleshooting strategy based on the details in your reply.

Thanks.

ATR

• 2. Re: My PE 9 has stopped working. It won't load when i load a project and it won't start up and when i open it it comes to a grey screen.. then I press "open project" and when i try to open a project i get an error saying "Sorry, Premiere elements encounte
            jasonb61817556 Level 1

Thanks for writing back and for your help.. I have been working on this problem for about 8 hours now and of course there is no way to contact adobe...I have read a lot of the other threads here and tried to do what they told me to do.. I am going to answer every question here....Let me give you a bit of background:

I have used 9.0 successfully for 5 years now. I recently restored my computer to factory settings because of an issue, and when i re-installed PE9 by downloading the software from "my products" and then the actual download on the adobe site for "older products" is when it started not working, however I had it installed on a previous computer for the last 2 months and was having similar issues on that computer. I am running Windows 7 Home Premium.

1. Are you working from the 9.0.1 Update of 9? - I installed the 9.01 update twice now.. seemed to have updated with no problems, and i just tried to install it again.. and it says product is up to date.

2. Does the problem exist with and without the antivirus and firewalls disabled?- Have no idea how to do this. However, i just re-installed my antivirus program yesterday This was AFTER i started having problems with the PE... so I don't think it is related.

3. Do you have the latest version of QuickTime installed on your computer along with Premiere Elements 9.0/9.0.1, and are you running the program's as administrator (from user account with administrative privileges)? I installed the latest quicktime after I re-installed Adobe as per the instructions when i installed Adobe. I just verified that it is the latest version. I have no idea what you mean about "running the program's as administrator"  I believe my user account has these privileges, but again, I am not a tech person. so I have no idea how to verify this.

4. Is your video card/graphics card up to date according to the web site of the manufacturer of the card? as per an earlier post that I saw, i went through to my "display drivers" (I am not sure if that was what it was actually called, but followed the instructions to find what they wanted me to find, pressed "update" and was told that my driver was up to date.  Is that what you are referring to?

5. Are you working with a working Internet connection? Absolutely, if I wasn't, I wouldn't have been able to write this thread, right? or do you mean something else? if so, please explain further.

6. Is your computer defragmented and otherwise optimized....no pile ups of preview files, conformed audio files, or conformed video files? Have no idea what this means or how to do it.

7. Have you deleted the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file? If not, please do that. Once I know what computer operating system that you are using, I will give you instructions for doing that. Yes, as per a previous thread, i went through the route after unhiding my folders, found it, deleted it.. when i started it again however, it re-appeared..... so I deleted it again and tried three more times to no avail.

8. Do the uninstall regular way, free ccleaner run through, and reinstall with antivirus and firewalls disabled. I have uninstalled it manually twice now, then reinstalled from the files downloaded.. I am not sure if i did it with antivrus and firewalls disabled because I don't know what that means and how to do it.

9. What was the last thing you were doing in the program before your issue appeared? I just reinstalled it on my computer and tried to start it up.  I ordered it to create a new project, it did and then just went to a gray screen and not to the pannelled black screen I usually see when doing a project.. i then tried to open the same project and it crashed.. i then tried to go to the windows explorer and open the project directly and it said it was loading and then just shut down.

Let us start here and then we can plan troubleshooting strategy based on the details in your reply.