3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 27, 2015 1:01 PM by rob day

applescript export preset

kezers

Hello, on page 47 of pdf "Adobe Indesign CS5 Scripting Guide: Applescript" there is an example to call preset for exporting pdf, but it doesn't work for me (Indesign CC 2015, OSX 10.11.1)

tell application "Adobe InDesign CC 2015"

tell active document

--You'll have to fill in a valid file path for your system and

--a valid PDF export preset name.

export format PDF type to "yukino:test.pdf" using PDF export preset "TEST" without showing options

end tell

end tell

What is wrong?

Thankyou in advance!

Matteo

• 1. Re: applescript export preset
          rob day Adobe Community Professional & MVP

The tell is to InDesign not the document. Try this—make sure the path the PDF is complete:

tell application "Adobe InDesign CC 2015"

export active document format PDF type to "HD:Users:username:Desktop:Test.pdf" using PDF export preset "TEST" without showing options

end tell

• 2. Re: applescript export preset
            kezers Level 1

Hello Rob,

thank you! I'm confused about Applescript and Adobe Indesign support to Applescript because in the official manual "Adobe Indesign CS5 Scripting Guide: Applescript" the example use "tell" to activate document.

Can you help me to understand:

1) Applescript syntax is changed after "Adobe Indesign CS5 Scripting Guide: Applescript"

2) Indesign syntax support to Applescript is changed after "Adobe Indesign CS5 Scripting Guide: Applescript"

3) The manual "Adobe Indesign CS5 Scripting Guide: Applescript" in this case is wrong

Thank you.

• 3. Re: applescript export preset
              rob day Adobe Community Professional & MVP

There are usually scripting changes with every release, although they were more extensive in earlier versions. There is a dictionary of the API for each version, which you can get from Script Editor via File>Open Dictionary and choosing the application. So export is in the basics suite:

Screen Shot 2015-10-27 at 3.34.58 PM.png