8 Replies Latest reply on Apr 5, 2017 1:49 PM by banjo kervorkian

Search Criteria for Adobe Stock too Basic

jerryhowells

Is it me or is the search options for stock very limited.  Having used other stock image sites, the search criteria often allows a variety of options to be entered and searched for.  If you use the tool box option to specify more detail, it does not relate to the key words you've entered in the main search box.  Furthermore, the advanced search with it's very limited options, if used normally displays one page of results.  Is there a better way of searching in detail?  Sorry, another thing, if you enter a number of different keywords in the main search box you often get no results.

• 1. Re: Search Criteria for Adobe Stock too Basic
          Brad Lawryk Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Actually, personally I find the advanced search very good. What do you feel is missing on the advanced search?

I will agree however on the keywords. I am sure that is something that will evolve over time as they discover how users are using the site. I hope so anyways. ;-)

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Search Criteria for Adobe Stock too Basic
            Jill Orr Level 1

I agree jerryhowells, the search is too basic, and the key words are not accurate enough.  Also the emphasis appears to be very heavy European (ex: for automobiles)  which is a problem if you need american vehicles. I love my adobe products, but I'm not happy with Adobe Stock and thinking of cancelling until they increase usable stock for me, and improve the search tools. Also, I didn't get any free images to sign up!

• 3. Re: Search Criteria for Adobe Stock too Basic
              Brad Lawryk Adobe Community Professional & MVP

At present there may be more European Stock as they are coming from Fotolia, a European based company, that Adobe bought back in December.

One thing you can do for searching if you like the convenience of Stock integration into Adobe products is to do your search on Fotolia and make note of the image number. Then search the image number in Adobe Stock. It isn't a perfect workflow obviously but it is a good temporary work around. All the images on Fotolia are also available in Stock.

1 person found this helpful
              • 4. Re: Search Criteria for Adobe Stock too Basic
                jerryhowells Level 1

Hi Brad, I find that if I enter keywords in the search box and then go to the advanced search, I don't always get results based upon the keywords and often when I do, the results are very limited.  It is such a shame as the stock Adobe provide is sufficient for my needs but I have to trawl through pages and pages of results to find the images I need.  That said the 'find similar' option is useful.

• 5. Re: Search Criteria for Adobe Stock too Basic
                  jerryhowells Level 1

Hi Jill,

When I signed-up they charged my credit card and then issued a refund a day or so later.  My first month expires 30th October and I am interested to see how the bill me moving forward.  What I have to say is that the cost of images are very competitive compared to other stock sites so on that basis I will probably stick with them despite the lack of a real advanced search.

• 6. Re: Search Criteria for Adobe Stock too Basic
                    Jill Orr Level 1

They definitely are competitive, but the content is very weak for my needs

(american auto related industry). Also the key words have real problems

too: I did a search "exclude" people, and there were people in half the

results.I think they should cut the cost for CC members until they get the

search as competitive and dreamstime and istock. I did get a nice email

with the information that fotolia is owned by adobe, and I can use that

search engine and then go to adobe and input the photo number. An ok work

around for the short term, but I really hope Adobe can improve the Stock

tools and American photo inventory soon.

On Wed, Oct 28, 2015 at 4:56 AM, jerryhowells <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

• 7. Re: Search Criteria for Adobe Stock too Basic
                      Jill Orr Level 1

Thanks for the Tip Brad, it was useful.

Jill

On Tue, Oct 27, 2015 at 5:46 PM, Brad Lawryk <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

• 8. Re: Search Criteria for Adobe Stock too Basic
                        banjo kervorkian

90 european semi-trucks vs. 11 u.s. trucks!

i agree with jill. there is a tremendous (and ridiculous) predominance of european images. my projects need images of trains and semi trucks. one day i got so frustrated i counted the images on the five pages of results i got for "chemical tanker" (or some very similar wording). the euro trucks have to have 3 sets of wheels under the trailer. no u.s. trucks do that, so the euro images are unusable here. the number of wheels made the euro/u.s. ratio easy to count, though... 9 to 1. close to single digits in u.s. images for 5 pages of results! those euro photogs must work really cheap.