5 Replies Latest reply on Oct 31, 2015 9:54 AM by A.T. Romano

Premiere elements 14 - problem exporting as MP4

jensgang

I am running a Windows 10 pc (spec below) and am having problems exporting projects as MP4.

I initially downloaded the trial version of Premiere Elements 14, created a short 6 minute video and exported it as an MP4 successfully (the MP3 music track I had included didn't play, but I think that is a limitation of the trial version).

Based on this success I purchased the full product and tried to recreate the MP4, it failed with a Premiere error "Adobe Premiere Elements has stopped working", and Error 1000 was created in the Application Log:

Faulting application name: Adobe Premiere Elements.exe, version: 14.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x55e5a5ad

Faulting module name: unknown, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x0000000000000000

Faulting process ID: 0xa5c

Faulting application start time: 0x01d10bf799925f84

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Elements 14\Adobe Premiere Elements.exe

Faulting module path: unknown

Report ID: 757073b2-941b-45b4-a698-c820215e4db7

Faulting package full name:

Faulting package-relative application ID:

I retried several times without success normally with the same error (at varying times in the export process - sometimes it got to 90% complete) or alternatively the entire PC hanging or rebooting (I also tried making some slight changes and resaving with the full version plus deleting all rendered files).

I then tried creating a new project with different video content and that also failed to export.

I have tried starting my pc with minimal services (System Services plus only Adobe services) and neither project would export as MP4.  I then started without System Services and the new project did actually export successfully but not the one created in the trial version (I think this was just "luck" though).  I've also tried exporting with no other applications running.

To create the MP4 I ended up splitting up the project into 8 short projects, exporting each of these as MP4, creating a new project, adding them back in and adding the music.  That then exported successfully as an MP4.

I've been using the recommended MP4 export setting of 1280x720 but have tried lower resolutions too.

I have also tried exporting as an MT2 (HD1080) , this was successful and I could then take that back into Premiere and export as an MP4 successfully.

I don't think my video is complex - it is a day's journey created on a GoPro Hero 3 in MP4 format.  There is around 1 hrs filming in several clips and I have extracted around 20 clips to create the 6 minute film.  There are transitions between each clip.  I have used some video stabilisation but not on every clip.  There is one MP3 to add music.

I've looked at the PCs performance whilst exporting (via Task Manager) and PE has utilised around 80-90% CPU and 30% memory.  I've checked System/Devices and all drivers are apparently up to date.

I have QuickTime 7 for Windows 10 installed.

I have tried uninstalling PE 14 completely (including preferences) and reinstalling with no effect.

The PC spec is:

AMD FX-9590,4.7GHz,8-Core,Vishera,220W,AM3+ CPU,Retail

Zalman CNPS9900 MAX Multi-Format CPU Cooler - Blue LED Fan

Asus Sabertooth 990FX v2 AM3+,DDR3,SATA3,USB3,GBLan,ATX

HyperX Savage 16Gb (2x8Gb) DDR3 2400MHz Mem Kit

120Gb Samsung SSD (System)

1TB WD Black 7200rpm HDD (Data)

2 x 4GB nVidia GeForce GTX 970 PCI-e 3.0 VGA Card

Performance with Balance of Speed & Acoustic (Upto 4.2Ghz)

Silver 3 Year RTB Warranty,1 Year Parts,1Year Collect Repair

XFX 850W XXX Edition 80+ Bronze Semi-Modular PSU

I'm extremely new to video editing so please forgive me if I'm missing something obvious with this problem or I should have provided more information to assist troubleshooting.  Any suggestions anyone can give would be very welcome.

• 1. Re: Premiere elements 14 - problem exporting as MP4
          A.T. Romano Level 7

jensgang

What version of QuickTime 7? Is it 9.7.6? If not, please uninstall what you have and install 9.7.6.

QuickTime 7.7.6 for Windows

Apple has a problem with latest version of QuickTime 7 (9.7.8) and Windows 10 64 bit. Until Apple resolves that matter....QuickTime 7.7.6 will meet the Premiere Elements requirement for QuickTime 7 although it is not actually the latest version.

Since you do not have an Intel HD Graphics 2000 and higher video card/graphics card, please disable the preference for it in Edit Menu/Preferences/General. See the preference Use Hardware Acceleration (works on Intel HD Graphics and newer).

The Premiere Elements tryout comes as a full features program so I do not suspect that any audio problems with it were related to tryout.

Where are the Scratch Disks pointed. See Edit Menu/Preferences/Scratch Disks, especially Disc Encoding. How much hard drive space is at that location?

That preference traces to the Media Cache Files Folder. See location in the Scratch Discs/Disc Encoding.

Please consider, supply more information, and then we can consider the troubleshooting strategy indicated.

Thanks.

ATR

• 2. Re: Premiere elements 14 - problem exporting as MP4
            jensgang Level 1

Thanks for responding.

I've uninstalled Quicktime (it was a higher version) and installed the one from your link.  I've tried exporting as MP4 with mixed results but it is very definitely an improvement.  I've done 7 exports and one produced the error reported above and the other six were successful.

I'm not sure about the graphics card suggestion.  My Nvidia GTX 970 are a relatively new high end gaming card, having googled HD Graphics 2000 that seems very old so I would think that mine are higher spec.  I did however try disabling hardware acceleration and exported successfully.  I have re-enabled it though because I think my card should handle it fine.

Scratch disks - all are pointed at Project Location which has over 350gb available except Media Cache which points to a location with 23gb available.

Changing Quicktime has definitely improved things.  I will create a new video and if that exports I'll mark this as answered otherwise I will get back to you.  It will take a few days before I get back.

Thanks again

Jenny

• 3. Re: Premiere elements 14 - problem exporting as MP4
              A.T. Romano Level 7

Jenny

Thanks for the update and the great news of progress. Well done.

However, definitely disable the "Use Hardware Acceleration (works on Intel HD Graphics 2000 and newer)".

To benefit from Hardware Acceleration, you need to have one of the Intel HD Graphic 2000 and higher versions of that card. Even does not apply if the card is just Intel Graphics HD (no numbers after HD). Since you have a NVIDIA card, this preference does not apply to you. And, leaving the preference enabled under those circumstances can lead to a variety of export problems.

We will be watching for further developments as your schedule permits.

Best wishes

ATR

• 4. Re: Premiere elements 14 - problem exporting as MP4
                jensgang Level 1

Hi ATR

Thanks for explaining about the Intel HD Graphics I have disabled hardware acceleration.

I've created another video and successfully exported it as an MP4 so I think my issue is resolved.  Thank you very much!

Jenny

• 5. Re: Premiere elements 14 - problem exporting as MP4
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

Jenny

Great news that the MP4 export issue is resolved. Well done.

Thanks for the follow up. Any further questions on your Premiere Elements workflows, please do not hesitate to ask.

Best wishes

ATR