11 Replies Latest reply on Nov 5, 2015 8:39 AM by tonym75499093

After updating to OS X El Capitan I am unable to export video

tonym75499093

Premier will allow me to edit and save, but i cannot then render the media to a video file (e.g. mp4). Help!

I also noticed that exporting audio took a crazy amount of time. In the past I would export the audio in roughly 5 minutes - it now takes about 2 hours. 

This, is not the real concern - however.  The real problem is not being able to produce the video file. 

Please help. 

• 1. Re: After updating to OS X El Capitan I am unable to export video
          A.T. Romano Level 7

tonym

What version of Premiere Elements?

What are the properties of the source?

Brand/model/settings of camera that recorded the video?

What are the project settings (project preset set by you manually or the project automatically)....see Edit Menu/Project Settings/General.

What are specific route and export settings that you are using for the Premiere Elements .mp4 export? In the export area, what do you see for duration and estimated file size?

Do you have the latest version of QuickTime 7 installed on your computer and are you running the programs as administrator (from user account with administrative privileges)?

ATR

• 2. Re: After updating to OS X El Capitan I am unable to export video
            tonym75499093 Level 1

I am using Premiere Elements 10. 

The Camera source is ATEM Television Studio.  The file source is 720 60.  Nothing in that department has changed. 

The project settings in Premiere - I have set it to the same as the input file 720

I am exporting to AVCHD HD 720p

The file size is usually around 2 gigs or so (it is a 45 minute video)

I have recently updated Quicktime to its latest version (7.7.8)

I do not know how to check if quicktime has administrative privileges.

tony

• 3. Re: After updating to OS X El Capitan I am unable to export video
              A.T. Romano Level 7

tonym

Thanks for the replies.

With regard to the ATEM Television Studio, do you know if it is recording the 720p60 with a variable rather than a constant frame rate.

Premiere Elements does not fare well with the variable frame rate. Symptoms have ranged from audio out of sync to not being able to import the video at all.

The remedy has been to take the video into the free HandBrake program to obtain the H.264.mp4 with constant frame rate version.

The project preset for this source should be

NTSC

DSLR

720p

DSLR 720p60

Are we OK on that?

Setting values yourself (not same as source), are you using for the export

Computer

AVCHD

with Presets = MP4 HD 720p60

Are we OK on that?

What is the audio for the file on the Timeline - Dolby Digital Stereo or Dolby Digital 5.1 channel or something else?

Let us consider the above and then decide what next as indicated.

Thanks.

ATR

Add On...Please check the User Accounts Mac to determine if they were established a administrator accounts.

• 4. Re: After updating to OS X El Capitan I am unable to export video
                tonym75499093 Level 1

The ATEM Television Studio is set to record "quicktime uncmpressed 8 bit yup"  I believe it is 720p59.9.

I have not tried to export the video yet today, but my exporting of the Audio (I do this to use a separate audio program to edit) is taking a crazy amount of time again.  Prior to upgrading to El Capitan this process took about 3 minutes. I have been waiting for this to finish for about an hour and I still have 8% to go. 

As soon as it finishes with this process I will look at the other items you mentioned, but it seems to me that my "sharing" settings shouldn't effect the exporting of the audio.  All I have selected for the audio is ACC (I have also tried to export it as an mp3 but this too takes way too long). 

Help...

• 5. Re: After updating to OS X El Capitan I am unable to export video
                  tonym75499093 Level 1

My exporting is set to HVCHD MP4 HD 720p24

The project settings are set to "AVCHD 720p square pixel"

"59.94 frames/second"

"Frame Size 1280 X 720"

Pixel Aspect ratio "Square Pixels (1.0)"

Fields: "No Fields (Progressive Scan)"

Display Format: "60fps Drop-Frame Timecode"

Sample Rate: "48000 Hz"

My capture Format is set to HDV

My Video Render setting is

File Format: "I-Frame Only MPEG"

Compressor: "MPEG I-Frame"

Optimize Stills is checked.

• 6. Re: After updating to OS X El Capitan I am unable to export video
                    tonym75499093 Level 1

When I get ready to hit "save" in exporting the video - here is what the screen says:

HVCHD

Presets: MP4-HD 720p 24

File type : H.264

Frame Size: 1280 X 720

Frame Rate [fps]: 24

Audio Setting: AAC, 192 kbps, 48 kHz, Stereo

File Size: 2188.21 MB

Duration: 48 Min, 15.00 Sec

My input Audio is merely a Stereo track. 

• 7. Re: After updating to OS X El Capitan I am unable to export video
                      A.T. Romano Level 7

tonym

Thanks for the replies.

I think that we need to recap to make sure we are together on the details.

Please confirm that you want your Timeline content destined for export as an AAC or MP3 audio file.

If that is the case, I would suggest other export settings....

Please use

Computer

Audio

and then select Presets = AAC High Quality or MP3 High Quality. You may not be seeing the Audio choice because it is at the bottom of the list of Share/Computer/ choices and is hidden unless you use the thin scroll bar to the right of the choices to scroll to it.

If you are importing a 720p59.94 video file with audio into your Premiere Elements 10 Mac project and want to export just its audio to an AAC or MP3 file, you do not have to unlink audio and video - just export according to the above settings, and you will just get the audio file as the export.

When you get around to working with the video part of the 720p59.94 file, do you really want a 720p24 or 720p59.94 export for the video with or without its original audio?

Please clarify, and then we can decide what next based on the details in your reply.

Thank you.

ATR

• 8. Re: After updating to OS X El Capitan I am unable to export video
                        tonym75499093 Level 1

ATR,

Thank you for getting back to me and forgive me for the multiple and confusing responses that I have been giving you.  I have two issues (that I believe are the result of the same problem).

The first issue is the length of time that it takes me to render the audio - I have tried rendering the audio with AAC High Quality and with MP3 High Quality - the steps for which you have correctly outlined above.  This results in a very long process (before updating to El Capitan this step only took a few minutes). 

The reason I export the audio from the video file is really irrelevant, but let me explain.  I do this to use another program to edit my audio (a program specifically designed to edit audio).  When I have finalized and mastered my audio as a WAV or MP3 (in this other program) I then re-introduce the audio file to my video file - as it's "soundtrack."  I then "mute" the audio attached to each video feed (using the audio mixer) and allow only the newly mastered audio file in the "soundtrack" to be heard.

When my audio and video are ready for the final product I proceed to the final step of exporting the video.

This is the second issue that I am having - I am unable to get my video to export.  It will work on the process for over an hour and then in the last few seconds - it will tell me "error."

I have tired about 8 or 9 times to export my video with no avail.  Interestingly last week (I do this process once a week) it worked the 7th time I tried it.  I am not sure what made the difference. 

Working with the 720p59.94 file seems to work well - as that is what the ATEM produces (I cannot change this setting), but I prefer the look of the 24 frame rate - which is why I save the final product as 720p24.  The reason I do not use its original audio is because I prefer to edit audio in the third party program. 

Thank you so much for your help in this matter.

Blessings,

tony

• 9. Re: After updating to OS X El Capitan I am unable to export video
                          tonym75499093 Level 1

I've been able to render two videos since my last post - but in order to get it to work - I have to actually delete any "muted" audio tracks (i.e. Narration and Soundtrack) and I also delete any "video 2" or "video 3" files.

So, in the end, all I can successfully use Adobe Premiere Elements for is rendering one video track with one audio file (I move the audio file into the "audio 1" place. 

This is very frustrating and a sad use for an otherwise good program.  What did the El Capitan update do to the performance of Premiere? 

• 10. Re: After updating to OS X El Capitan I am unable to export video
                            A.T. Romano Level 7

tonym

Thanks for the replies with details of your workflow.

Instead of muting the audio with the Audio Mixer,  please consider instead right clicking the audio and removing the check mark next to Enable. Determine if that affects your workflow in any way.

What are these video 2 and 3 files? How do they relate to the original video audio where the goal has been to export audio only to another program for special edits and then move it back to the Premiere Elements project?

Please explore the Timeline structure as it relates to the export issue that you describe.

Thanks.

ATR

• 11. Re: After updating to OS X El Capitan I am unable to export video
                              tonym75499093 Level 1

Thank you ATR.

I will certainly disable the audio in lieu of "muting" the audio.  Just not sure why Adobe makes certain functions are available if they will render the process impossible??

Regarding the video 2 and 3 channels: I find this feature is very helpful when I am creating a video with 3 or 4 video angles.  Fortunately I don't use this computer for producing those videos (especially since I can't seem to do the simplest video).  With my IMac - with El Capitan - I sometimes will cut from the original file and move a part to a different spot in the order - seeking to overlap for effect.  Is this too a feature that I should not be utilizing? 

Truthfully, I am frustrated that my workflow now has to change after years of using the program successfully in these ways. 

Blessings,

t