7 Replies Latest reply on Oct 29, 2015 5:18 AM by dianaleigh

How do I correct the distortion upon upload?

dianaleigh

There are two parts to my question. Part 1 is most critical. (The fact that I am a novice will likely become apparent as you read. Please consider that in your response)

1. My current issue is that I uploaded a video to Adobe Premier Elements 9 and although the video itself is of reasonable quality, once uploaded it seems shaky/blurry. This has not happened before. I did upload with the USB. I read some of the threads here and tried changing the settings of the new project to NTSC-AVCHD-HD 1080i 30 5.1 channel which did not work (Premier also suggested the settings did not match the project, but I tried it anyway.)

What must I do to get the video quality to match the original?

And is there anything I can do to make it sharper over all?

I have a sony HD VCHD 5.3

2. I have used this camera in the past successfully to do videos, which later are uploaded to You Tube. Somehow my camera went back to factory settings, and I adjusted them before filming the current video, but the quality of this video may not be as crisp as previous ones I have done and I wonder if I have set the camera wrong.

I know this is about adobe, but there seems to be an abundance of experts here so:

Are these good settings for my camera to obtain maximum video quality: Highest Quality FX, HD QUALITY, X.V. Color (on) and HDMI 1080p 480p (if relevant at all for this question)

And when I upload to you tube is there a preferred setting to maximize quality as well?

Any assistance would be appreciated. 

Most critical is getting the video just uploaded to not be shaky~sort of pixelated.

• 1. Re: How do I correct the distortion upon upload?
          A.T. Romano Level 7

dianaleigh

I cannot identify your camera from the description given. Please post more information on that.

Premiere Elements 9....are you working from the 9.0.1 Update of the program. And, what computer operating system?

Assuming Windows for now....https://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/detail.jsp?ftpID=4929

The project preset is set by you to match the properties of your source from the camera. So, what are the properties of the source from the camera.

Let us assume that the Sony FX is the highest quality recording and is 1080p30. Then you set the project settings for

NTSC

DSLR

1080p

DSLR 1080p30 or DSLR 1080p30@29.97

Put, another consideration...what is your file's audio - Dolby Digital Stereo or Dolby Digital 5.1 channel or something else.

When you go to export that 1080p30 assumed Stereo Timeline, look at

Computer

MPEG

with Presets = HD720p30 and then under the Advanced Button/Video Tab of the preset customize it to 1080p30

Advanced Button/Video Tab should look like

MPEG.JPG

If version 9.0/9.0.1 had AVCHD choice we would be suggesting a AVCHD.mp4 export. With this HD MPEG2.mpg 1080p30 file, you can increased the bitrate settings to seek higher quality with higher bitrate. You will need to find a compromise between bitrate, quality, and file size. 

Know the properties of your original file including bitrate and everything else should fall in place.

Please consider and supply more information. Any questions about the questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: How do I correct the distortion upon upload?
            dianaleigh Level 1

I just did the download to Premier that you sent.

Thank you so much for this response. I still need to look to execute on the other guidance you have here.

In the mean time, does this help solidify which camera I have?

I have a sony HD AVCHD 5.3 Handycam Model No: HDR-CX210

• 3. Re: How do I correct the distortion upon upload?
              dianaleigh Level 1

The quality has not improved. I tried to upload the video again from the camera directly, and it will not seem to let me even though I know that the video is there. I did copy it to my desktop from the camera  but that seems like it would likely reduce quality as well.

I wanted to start over and go direct into Premier instead of my computer files first. I can't seem to do that.

Bottom line is some of the drop downs on the screens you shared did not mirror mine precisely, but I am rendering the video now to export and hoping something might have improved.

I don't know the answer to the dolby digital 5.1 or otherwise.

Thank you for your help and any further assistance would be appreciated.

• 4. Re: How do I correct the distortion upon upload?
                A.T. Romano Level 7

dianaleigh

Thanks for the reply with the additional information about your camera.

Please look at the FX recording setting (highest quality one) which I believe should be giving you 1920 x 1080 @ ____progressive frames per second video. I am not sure of the frame rate. For now I will assume 29.97/30 if you are in a NTSC setup.

Consequently, let us start will trying to obtain a good workflow and result using the camera's recording and the suggested settings in post 1.

Then we can inspect the results and decide what may or may not have to be done further.

Thanks again for the follow up.

Best wishes

ATR

• 5. Re: How do I correct the distortion upon upload?
                  dianaleigh Level 1

I looked through the manual and the camera and I can't see to find what the FX recording numbers are, it simply allows me to choose it as the highest.

I did export as you suggested, some of the numbers didn't match but, but oddly when I got the video to you tube, the quality was restored? It wasn't shaking like it had been in premier?

I am not sure if I have the best quality use of what I have, and am open to any insights, if you wish to share, but beyond that I thank you so much for your help

• 6. Re: How do I correct the distortion upon upload?
                    A.T. Romano Level 7

dianaleigh

Thanks for the reply.

I have been able to put together many of the properties of your FX mode 1920 x 1080 video. Looks like the FX mode bitrate for this is 24 Mbps (megabits per second).

HDR-CX190/CX200/CX210/PJ200 | Expected recording time of movies | "Handycam" User Guide

If you are getting good results with the suggested settings, then stay with them. If you did want to explore and experiment, you could look at the results after you increased the minimum, target, and maximum bitrates a little in the Share/Computer/MPEG HD 720p30 Advanced Button/Video Tab customized settings. But do not exceed 24 Mbps and keep watch on the file size as you increase the bitrates. You need to find a good compromise between higher bitrate, maximum quality, and file size. That settings that you have used may be the optimized ones for your video. You could think bitrates minimum 15 Mbps, target 25 Mbps, and maximum 30 Mbps. But proceed cautiously in the search for better.

Also verify whether your recording is being recorded with interlaced frames or progressive frames. Those concepts will be next to learn about and do influence your choice of project and export settings in many cases. But, any questions or need clarification, please ask.

We will be watching for your progress as your schedule permits.

Great job.

Best wishes

ATR

• 7. Re: How do I correct the distortion upon upload?
                      dianaleigh Level 1

Thank you so much for all your effort in helping me. I did print out all your information and will experiment. I had looked at the page you attached here, still don't know how you know the bitrate from that page, but I will go with what you gave me.

Thank you. I do videos quite often to it would be nice to get better and understanding all of this, so I thank you