3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 27, 2015 4:09 PM by A.T. Romano

Entpacken von Premiere Elements 14 klappt nicht / Unpacking of Premiere Elements 14 does not work

Michael Mohrholz

Wenn ich Premiere Elements 14 64Bit nach Download von Adobe Website versuche zu entpacken, kommt am Ende immer folgender Fehler:

"Beim Extrahieren einiger Dateien ist ein Problem aufgetreten. Überprüfen Sie den Speicherplatz auf Ihrem Computer sowie die Schreibrechte für den Zielordner."

a) es sind knapp 500 GB verfügbar, sollte reichen

b) als Administrator sollten die Rechte wohl ausreichen.

System ist Win10 64 Bit

Ich habe zudem mit keiner anderen Software bisher Probleme gehabt, diese zu installieren.

Kann mir hier jemand etwas zu sagen oder eine Lösung anbieten?

Vielen Dank im Voraus.

Gruß

Unpacking of Premiere Elements cuts short before finishing with report like:

"Unpacking discovered a problem. Please check available disk space and user rights to write on disk"

Both a) disk space > 500 GB available and b) administrator rights

should be enough to install this on a Win10 64Bit System. I do not have or had any other problems using software installations.

Does somebody have an idea about this or can help in this topic?

Thank you very much in advance

• 1. Re: Entpacken von Premiere Elements 14 klappt nicht / Unpacking of Premiere Elements 14 does not work
          A.T. Romano Level 7

michael mohrholz

When you are downloading Premiere Elements 14 for Windows 64 bit from the Adobe web site, do you obtain two files

.exe (Akamai, extracts files from the 7z program file) and .7z (the program itself).

Are you doing this download and install with the antivirus and firewalls disabled?

Do you have QuickTime 7.7.6 installed on your computer and are you running from user account with administrative privileges?

QuickTime 7.7.6 for Windows

Apple has problem with QuickTime 7.7.8 and Windows 10 64 bit. QuickTime 7.7.6 will work in this instance to meet the Premiere Elements QuickTime 7 requirements.

What is the hard drive location that you designated for the save for the downloads - desktop or documents or other?

Please consider and supply more details.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: Entpacken von Premiere Elements 14 klappt nicht / Unpacking of Premiere Elements 14 does not work
            Michael Mohrholz Level 1

A.T. Romano

Thanks for providing some ideas for me:

a) I downloaded PE 14 using "other download" option without Akamai Download Manager and received one file: PremiereElements_14_LS29_win64.exe

This file is being unpacked (I chose desktop and various different hard drive locations, non of them worked so far), but the unpacking cuts short at the end

b) I had my firewalls and AV software enabled; but since I never had problems with other software working this way I never thought about it. I will try it.

c) I do have Quick Time 7.7.6 installed, since Win10 and 7.7.8 do not work out together.

d) Desktop location and various other disk locations tried but non of them worked out so far

e) yes, I do have administrative privileges in my account.

• 3. Re: Entpacken von Premiere Elements 14 klappt nicht / Unpacking of Premiere Elements 14 does not work
              A.T. Romano Level 7

michael mohrholz

Thanks for the follow with additional information.

Definitely rule in or out any contribution to the problem from the antivirus and firewalls.

Between Desktop and Documents, probably stay with Documents as the save location for the downloads. Have you been having any problems with regard to permissions for any of the folders or files that you might be going to?

If Other Downloads route is not working, then try the download and install from the following web site

Adobe Photoshop Elements 14 Direct Download Links, Premiere too | ProDesignTools

The key to success at this site is to carefully follow the "Note: Very Important Information Instructions" at that web site in order to avoid Access Denied.

Remember...this web site sends you to the Adobe web site to sign in with your Adobe ID and Password, but your downloading and installing is going to be at the starting web site in the area below its "Note: Very Important Instructions".

ATR