4 Replies Latest reply on Oct 27, 2015 4:48 PM by A.T. Romano

How Do I/Is It Possible: To Publish a Video Using Adobe Elements for Gear VR/Oculus 360?

s0cK3y3

How Do I/Is It Possible: To Publish a Video Using Adobe Elements for Gear VR/Oculus 360?

Specs:

Windows 8.1 x64

Adobe Premiere Elements 12

Galaxy Note 4

Samsung Gear VR

Details:

I apologize in advance for my lack of understanding and product knowledge.  I was hoping to get some help in understanding what I need to do to allow Adobe Premiere 12 to publish video that can be used in an ocular fashion with my Samsung Gear VR.  I am not horribly familiar with "stitching" and don't think I am ready for such at the moment.  I was more hoping to create a video that formats the published video correctly so that I get the "side by side" format along with (if feasible) the image aspect ratio (is that the right terminology?.)  

#1 - I need to get the videos side by side.  I believe videos like these are usable by Google Cardboard etc. for which I just put into SD/Oculus/MyMovies/3D and then access in the stand alone theater.  The videos I have downloaded work fine here but do not have the aspect ratio that Oculus 360 uses.

#2 - I need to get the side by side video to use the Oculus 360 with the correct aspect ratio.

#3 - Once in SBS and in Oculus 360 format - is there anything else I can do to make it look 3D? 

#4 - What is stitching?

#5 - Do I need a 3D camera to create Oculus 360 SBS videos?

Summary:

I need help locating the Adobe product to purchase that allows me to conduct any above functions or any variation therein please.