Let us recap with details...
1. What version of Premiere Elements do you presently have and are having problems with? What computer operating system is involved?
2. What did you upgrade to....the next version...if you had 12/12.1, did you go 13/13.1 or if you had 13/13.1, did you go to 14?
Please explain where you have been and where you are now.
Let us go through the usual drill...
1. Does the problem exist with and without the antivirus and firewalls disabled?
2. Do you have the latest version of QuickTime 7 installed on your computer along with Premiere Elements and are you running the programs as administrator (from user account with administrative privileges)?
3. Is your video card/graphics card up to date according to the web site of the manufacturer of the card?
Please consider and give more details so that I can customize a reply and give you some troubleshooting to do to get at the core of the issues.
Any questions, please ask.
ok, to answer:
13, It keeps telling me to update to 13.1, I do that, but the screen keeps coming back to update, like it doesn't "take" or something
I did not upgrade, this is a new install, on a 64 bit system and I did purchase the 64 bit version. This is a brand new Dell, Windows 7. All video cards are new and up to date.
When program locks up, I have to do a hard restart, then the program will work - until that update program shows up and the whole thing starts again.
Running as administrator and I do have QuickTime 7 but I don't like it, it's choppy as all get out.
And, I have not tried with my antivirus uninstalled but I can do that.
I am afraid to uninstall and start all over because I'm afraid Adobe won't allow that (I have the program on my laptop but it's horribly buggy on it).
hi vftcs, apologies for the inconvenience caused,please follow the steps mentioned at article https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop-elements/kb/update-message-reappears-elements.html for 13.1 update let us know if you still face the issue
Thanks for the reply with important information for the troubleshooting. The answers are in the details.
Aksagarw (Adobe Staff) has entered your thread and appears to be offering you an Adobe solution to match what you now have described - downloading and installing of the Adobe Application Manager.
Please let us know if that works for you. If not, do not give up.
Based on the details in your reply, we can then decide what next. But Aksagarw's suggestion should work for you as it has recently for another.
ok, did all and it did update this time, so that's progress. We'll see in the next day or two if all is ok and the program 1. opens and 2. doesn't cause my brand new computer to lock up. Thanks to you and A.T. Romano for the quick responses!
Thanks for the update with the great news of progress and success. Great job.
Please do not hesitate to ask if you have questions or need clarification on your Premiere Elements workflows - importing, editing, and exporting.
Add On...For information about the 13.1 content, please see
vftcs, thanks for the update,Good to hear that your problem is now resolved.