4 Replies Latest reply on Oct 28, 2015 9:50 AM by A.T. Romano

How to add fadeouts at the end of movie

provlima Level 1

Have been unable to find any info on how to add fadeouts at the end of movie in other words dissolving to black..How is this accomplished??

• 1. Re: How to add fadeouts at the end of movie
          A.T. Romano Level 7

provlima

What version of Premiere Elements, what computer operating system.

Please consider using the Dissolve/Dip to Black video transition at the end of your Timeline content.

If you are using Premiere Elements 11, 12/12.1, 13/13.1, or 14, see Transitions Tab at bottom of Expert workspace and go to Video Tab/ and find Dissolve category which includes the Dip to Black video transition.

Instead, did you want to do a Fade Out effect for video and/or audio?

Please give more details so that we can customize the reply for you.

Thanks.

ATR

• 2. Re: How to add fadeouts at the end of movie
            provlima Level 1

Thanks for your reply...I am new to using Premiere 14 with W7

I did not see the option dissolve / dip to black..I will look for it...in the same vein how would you start the timeline with a similar feature where the the first segment starts black and opens to the first scene??

Thanks again for your prompt reply!!

• 3. Re: How to add fadeouts at the end of movie
              kamnayadav Level 1

provlima,

The option for Dissolve/Dip to black can be found under the Transitions pop-up at the bottom menu options in expert view. However, if you are working in the Quick view, you can find the Dip To Black transition in the Transitions pop-up. If you intend to slowly fade in on the video part, starting from a black frame and then showing the actual video content. Then please try using the following:

- place the clip on the timeline

Quick view : - right click on the clip in timeline and select Fade->Fade In

Expert view : - right click on the clip in timeline and select Fade->Fade In Video

Similar effects can be applied on the audio part of the clip as well using the Fade in Audio functionality. Please try it and feel free to get back to me in case of more queries.

Thanks

Kamna

• 4. Re: How to add fadeouts at the end of movie
                A.T. Romano Level 7

provlima

Thanks for the follow up on the Premiere Elements Dip to Black video transition and Timeline Fades that I mentioned already in post 1.

I was waiting for your detail of Premiere Elements version number and computer operating system before going into more detail.

Premiere Elements 14 Windows 7 64 bit....

Apparently you posted that information while I was signed off, Kamna saw your follow up details while I was signed off, and responded before I signed in again with follow up details.

It appears that Kamna's supplemental details worked for you. We are pleased that you are moving forward in your Premiere Elements workflows.

Just wanted you to know that I did follow up on your thread as promised. If any questions or need clarification on your Premiere Elements workflows, please do not hesitate to ask.

Best wishes

ATR