5 Replies Latest reply on Nov 16, 2015 8:40 AM by auroras57086220

Playback problems

auroras57086220

I've been working on a project for weeks and suddenly I can't playback properly... the image stops and jumps to another... it's impossible to edit in this way. If I export the sequence, the video plays well.  I've also opened the project into another computer. (iMac Retina 5K, 3,5 GHz Intel Core i5, RAM 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3), but it happens the same. I'm working with common HD material. On the same computer I'm working with 3k material and I don't have any problem of playback. Any suggestion?

• 1. Re: Playback problems
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Which version of the program are you using and on which version of OSX?

What model of camcorder is your video coming from and what format is is (MOV, AVI, MP4, M2T)?

Calling it "common HD material" really doesn't give us much to work with. Can you open one of these video clips in Media Info and list to this forum the video's resolution, frame rate and, above all, audio and video codec?

When you add a clip of this video to your timeline in Expert view, do you see a yellow-orange line along the top of the timeline, above the clip? If so, does your playback improve when you press the Enter/Return key and allow the timeline to render (the yellow line will turn green)?

• 2. Re: Playback problems
            auroras57086220 Level 1

Hi! I'm using the CC2015 version  on OS X Yosemite.

The camera is a canon C300 that generate .mxf archives

video resolution: 1920x1080

frame rate: 25fps

codecs: mpeg-2 and PCM S16

the line is yellow and I start to have these problems when I render it  and it turns green. Without render The playback is in low quality but fluent, when I render the playback stops and jumps from a frame to another.

thanks!

• 3. Re: Playback problems
              Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

The Canon EOS C300 saves its video in MXF format, a professional format that is not supported by Premiere Elements. This format of video is best edited with a professional editor like Premiere Pro.

• 4. Re: Playback problems
                auroras57086220 Level 1

sorry but I'm using Premiere Pro CC 2015

• 5. Re: Playback problems
                  auroras57086220 Level 1

ok, just realized I'm in the wrong forum. I'll write into Premiere Pro forum.