Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AdobeGCClient memory trouble

Community Beginner ,
Oct 28, 2015 Oct 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Listees,

it happens that the AdobeGCClient picks all the memory on my mac he can get. So every action is really lame because no memory is avaiable.

Working on an iMac (2 years old) with 32 GB RAM and OS X 10.10 and now El Capitain (happens on both). I use the actual version of the Adobe CC Manager.

Is this a well known problem? How can I fix that? Google wasn't that helpful.

Hope someone here has a good idea.

regards

Erich Parzefall

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 03, 2015 Nov 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does nobody of you have the same problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 23, 2015 Dec 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this exact problem, and it's driving me crazy. Within half an hour, AdobeGCClient will gobble up over 10 GIGABYTES of memory, making my computer unusable. It leaks like a sieve. I have to force-quit this process before the entire system seizes up.

There must be something can be done about this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Dec 29, 2015 Dec 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have started noticing the AdobeGCClient sucking up resources as well.  I have disabled every single Adobe item from startup, but this does not resolve the problem. 

This issue MAY be related to this problem:

Core Sync Helper is causing Finder to overload CPU 300% on Mac OS X El Capitan

What I cannot figure out is if this is being caused by CC libraries, Adobe Stock, or if it's something else entirely.  What I do know is that this needs to be fixed.  I do not want Adobe stuff starting up with my machines.  I run the apps when I want to run them and launch the Creative Cloud app myself when needing to re-connect/re-establish license and when needing to install updates. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 21, 2016 Jan 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Shouldn't revive an old thread but I'm going to since I've been having this same issue since before Oct 2015.

AdobeGCClient, but more specifically, codesign, hangs my computer for at least the first ten minutes after start up. It's very frustrating. I've gotten to the point I can't shut my computer down.

At one point the CPU usage was 133%. This process uses all RAM and CPU processes. If it wasn't for the fact I need to use many Adobe products, I would leave. Seems Adobe has my RAMS firmly in their grasp.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jan 28, 2016 Jan 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had to manually shutdown by killing power to the machine with this hang before.  Removing the startup and login agents/daemons in all Mac libraries did help with this issue quite a bit.  100% stopping use of Creative Cloud file sync also helped.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 21, 2016 Feb 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem as kin2all.  AdobeGCClient - and specifically codesign in connection wityh AdobeGCClient - eventually brings my Mac Pro to a crawl on El Capitan.  Activity Monitor shows 99% CPU usage and 3GB of actual memory usage.  My entire Mac becomes unusuable.  Crazy!

I did what was suggested in other threads and uninstalled Adobe Creative Cloud, and reinstalled to make sure I have the latest version.  This is no help at all.

Opening Photoshop CC 2015 creates the issue.  Quitting Photoshop CC 2015 doesn't solve the issue.  Only quitting Photoshop, AND force quitting both AdobeGCClient and codedesign (from Activity Monitor) eliminates the issue. 

This extremely frustrating.  Especially since I learned elsewhere in the Adobe user forums that AdobeGCClient is only there to ensure proper Adobe ID login and no user changes to Adobe code/programs. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 22, 2016 Mar 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue. Quite annoying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 12, 2016 May 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having this same problem with the "codesign" Mac process as well - using 100%+ CPU. Brutal slowdown/freeze/hang upon launching pretty much any Adobe CC apps - Photoshop, Illustrator, Indesign. Like 10min of lost productivity each app launch/switch. Thought it was just something wrong with my system, "glad" to know it's not just me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 20, 2016 Jun 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a solution yet to this??

Activity Monitor  shows AdobeGCClient at 13.4GB and ExManBridgeTalkCmd at 13.27GB and I have just 8GB physical memory and the MAC has ground to a halt.

Any idea what is going on?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 05, 2016 Oct 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think just upgrading to the latest versions of all the applications did the trick for me and solved the AdobeGCCClient issue. I made sure to manually uninstall the old versions I had that were causing problems, and then get fresh versions. Haven't had the problem in a few months.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 20, 2016 Oct 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just went through the whole process of uninstalling, removing, cleaning up ALL adobear on my computer because I was so frustrated with this issue. Now I have just reinstalled Adobe CC Desktop and immediately my CPU and Memory usage are devastated by ADobeGCClient (13.44 GB memory / ~30-70% CPU)

CCLibrary (5.29 GB memory / 10-20% CPU)

Brutal. I pay a lot of money for CC and I feel that this poor software engineering is unacceptable for such a reputable and trusted company.

Adobe- PLEASE fix this. Change your CC software bloat / memory leak and rebuild it so it is nimble, tiny and unobtrusive. There's no need to have it behave like this. Unreal.

Reading through the replies above, i'm glad to hear i'm not alone in my suffering.

BTW I'm on a 2011 iMac with 16 GB ram and El Capitan.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 22, 2016 Oct 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving to the correct Forum.

Regards

Rajashree

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 17, 2016 Nov 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

rowansentesy​ check out my reply on this other forum Re: AdobeGCClient consuming CPU on mac, hangs constantly

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 31, 2016 Oct 31, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Rajashree Bhattacharya​ and Atul Saini​

Does Adobe has any REAL solution for this problem?

I apologize for the tone of this post, but I'm desperate. I've tried every "solution" without success, and Adobe offers NO HELP AT ALL.

The problem is HUGE for us, REAL-PAYING users, and is all around the web. And I haven't found any Adobe's "working" official responses to the problem. I've also posted my question (AdobeGCClient consuming CPU on mac, hangs constantly ) and had no real answers. The only kind-of-solution that kind-of-works is having Activity Monitor always open and quickly-manually kill AdobeGCClient every time I start an Adobe App.

I think Adobe should release an AdobeGCClient repair tool or something similar...

But it seems that the pirate users are NOT having this problem...

Is cracking my Legitimate Software the solution???!!

PLEASE HELP!

THANKS!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 31, 2016 Oct 31, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ChusCoch,

I suggest you get on the adobe support site and start a chat with a technician. I had to fully uninstall all of my Adobe software and have the technician meticulously clean up all remnants of adobe software/settings etc from my computer. This took a while, but it was the only thing that actually allowed me to do a clean re-install of Adobe CC and have any of the software work properly!

Get a ticket and get on the customer chat, its going to be faster and more direct than the forums. IMHO.

Contact Customer Care

click on the appropriate options then click 'still need help, contact us' at the bottom.

good luck!

rowan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 01, 2016 Nov 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a lot! I'll do that...

Best!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 03, 2016 Nov 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So this has been happening to me for 5 days straight and I've tried everything from running a system check to performing the Apple hardware test thinking my Mac was so slow because of a hardware problem, yet this AdobeGCClient was taking up 94% of my memory! As soon as I force quit the action in activity monitor my memory usage went from 94% down to 30% and my Mac was running smooth again. I'd had enough of troubleshooting so I took my Mac into the Apple Store and they did all the standard testing and they couldn't figure out what was causing this Adobe plugin thing to make my Mac so slow. We tried uninstalling the adobe programs and it instantly froze and I couldnt even perform any simple tasks like opening the finder. I ended up wiping my Mac and starting fresh. This did the trick and I now have Illustrator, InDesign and all the Adobe programs I need. Just make sure you BACK UP YOUR WORK if you can, my Mac was so slow I couldn't even do that so I had to rely what I'd already saved on a USB. So my problem was solved with totally wiping my Mac and it now runs fine and I haven't seen the AdobeGCClient come up in the activity monitor as running high memory. Hope this helps and I'm glad it wasnt only me that had this problem!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines