4 Replies Latest reply on Apr 1, 2009 3:41 AM by Peter Hahmann

Insert ComboBox into TextArea

Hi

I've got a problem inserting a comboBox into a TextArea.
      Is it possible to insert a comboBox into a TextArea like this picture shows?
      http://yfrog.com/09textareaj

Regards
      Chris

• 1. Re: Insert ComboBox into TextArea
          _Natasha_ Level 4
          Hi Christoph,
          I cann't understand your problem. You can add TextArea and then add ComboBox up there. To see all text you can set alpha to 0.3 and it will be rendered as at your picture.
          1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Insert ComboBox into TextArea
            Peter Hahmann Level 1
            Yes. If you create a custom component you could do this. You my do this by extending the TextArea component and overriding the addChildren method for instance. How you do it will depend on what you want to achieve, but it can be made!

Regards,
            Peter
            1 person found this helpful
            • 3. Re: Insert ComboBox into TextArea
              Hi!

Thank you for your answers!

The problem is, that i want to integrate the ComboBox into the TextFlow.
              In detail, this means that i want to insert a ComboBox into the Text like an Image.
              The ComboBox should be than between the letters such an image, and not behind or before the letters.

Regards,
              Chris
              • 4. Re: Insert ComboBox into TextArea
                Peter Hahmann Level 1
                Christoph,

I'm not able to give you an example of how to do it, because I've never tried it. But I'm certain it can be done, as you are able to manipulate the individual characters and other components inside a TextArea. But there is also something that goes through my mind: "Is it really necessary to make this complicated component, isn't there any easier way to solve the problem?"

Well anyway, take a look at the TextRange class, it might help. Adobe's RichTextEditor may help you also.

Regards,
                Peter