Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LMS and Captivate variables

New Here ,
Oct 28, 2015 Oct 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello everyone,

I have been searched around on the internet, but I couldn't really find a answer on my question.

Is it possible to get user based variables in LMS? More specific for example you have a menu with different figures. Each figure is a part of a course after every part you get a badge ( each part has a specific badge).
The parts can be followed how they want. If they first want to follow person A the click person A, If they first want to follow person B they follow person B.

But how do you keep the data for every user which part of the course they already followed? How can you resend that data to Captivate.
For example Person has followed, Person A, Person C and Person Person D, how can you keep the data in Captivate so the person A, Person C and person D will not be showed anymore and how can you link this data to badges?

I think the solution would be something with javascript. But I don't see how I can keep that in LMS.

Anyone already has this problem?

Thank you in advance,

Kind Regards

TOPICS
Advanced

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
People's Champ ,
Oct 30, 2015 Oct 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Captivate does store the variables and their values in the suspend_data in the LMS, although I do believe they get re-initialized when re-entering the course. You could test this in SCORM Cloud. I'm not sure all variables get reset, but TEB variables do.

You could always store the variable in the browsers localStorage.

This thread has some code that you could manipulate to do it. I use it all the time. You could also write the variable value to the cmi.comments (SCORM 1.2) and retrieve the value when re-entering the course.

Re: How do I communicate Advanced Actions and Variables between SCOs?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources