9 Replies Latest reply on Nov 2, 2015 10:32 AM by cr23456526

cannot burn dvds no burner found

cr23456526

windows 10 os and prem 14, cant burn dvd as it reports no burner

• 1. Re: cannot burn dvds no burner found
          A.T. Romano Level 7

cr

If your computer does not use an Intel HD Graphics 2000 and newer video card/graphics card, then disable the related preference found in

Edit Menu/Preference/General and "Use Hardware Acceleration (works on Intel HD Graphics 2000 and newer)".

What version of QuickTime 7 do you have installed on your computer along with Premiere Elements 14? Please download and install QuickTime 7.7.6.

https://support.apple.com/kb/DL1822?viewlocale=en_US&locale=en_US

Apple has a problem with QuickTime 7.7.8 (latest version). This QuickTime 7.7.6 will meet the Premiere Elements requirement for latest version of QuickTIme 7 although it is not actually the latest version of QuickTime 7.

Are you running the program as administrator (from a user account with administrative privileges)?

How many different video editor/burn software do you have installed on your computer? Do you have a Blu-ray/DVD CD burner or a DVD CD burner?

The following has worked for several under the circumstances

1. Uninstall the usual Control Panel way

2. Do a free ccleaner run through (regular and registry cleaner parts)   CCleaner - Download

3. Reinstall with antivirus and firewalls disabled

How would you describe your issue, "it worked before but not now" or "it never worked before".

And, when is the burner location not recognized...for

Expert & Share

Disc

DVD, AVCHD, or Blu-ray

Does the Type: field show "disc"?

Let us start here, and then decide what next.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: cannot burn dvds no burner found
            cr23456526 Level 1

Hello,

Thanks for your speedy response.The hardware acceleration option wasn't showing up, so just left as wasI had the newer version of Quicktime, so uninstalled it and downloaded version 7.7.6I am now running the program as administratorI bought a new DVD burner just this week (external USB connected) and have two others, LG internal 5 1/4 types  , both BlueRayI have Cyberlink power to go burner software, plus the native MS Windows 10 (right click from file manager and send to be burnt)I downloaded CCleaner and ran it, it found a heap of stuff clagging up the system, and also did the registry as well.None of the above cured the problem however, but I have gone through the various Elements burn options and found the following.Selecting to export from Elements 14 to DVD, finds none of the 3 burners I haveSelecting BlueRay from Elements 14 it finds one of the BRay burners, and seems quite happySelecting AVCHD from Elements 14 it finds all 3 of the burnersAs an extra test I tested all three burners by right clicking a bit of media to burn to a new DVD blank, and all were successful

I also have in my PC system 4 HDDs to spread the load with editing etc

I used to run Adobe Premiere Pro successfully and export to Adobe Encore to make the DVD etc, but no longer have the programs.

It doesn't make sense to me that Windows 10 movie maker has no export to DVD.

Thanks very much, and if you have further ideas, please feel free to contact me

Regards Chris UK

-

Original Message----

• 3. Re: cannot burn dvds no burner found
              A.T. Romano Level 7

cr

Thanks for the reply with details.

If you have Premiere Elements 14 on Windows 10 64 bit computer, you must have the preference "Use Hardware Acceleration (works on Intel HD Graphics 2000 and newer)". Please check again under Edit Menu/Preferences/General. You will not find this preference if you are using Premiere Elements 14 Mac.

Please clarify your situation on this since it may reflect on the integrity of your program install.

With regard to your 3 burners - for now, focus on two internal ones...does disabling one improve the Premiere Elements burner recognition issue of the other?

Have you checked the connections of the two internal burners? With regard to the external burner - how many USB connections does it require, 1 or 2?

Please consider and then we will think about this some more.

Thank you.

ATR

• 4. Re: cannot burn dvds no burner found
                cr23456526 Level 1

Hello again,

I have a 32 bit Windows 10 OS, so is this why I dont see the hardware acceleration option ?

I disabled two of the 3 dvd burners, in turn, but Premiere still did not find them.

The ex dvd burner is usb connected with one cable

Regards Chris

Sent from my iPad

• 5. Re: cannot burn dvds no burner found
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

cr

Interesting question about the Hardware Acceleration option possibility not being offered when the program is installed on Windows 10 32 bit.

What I will try today is trying to put something together to verify yes or no on that possibility.

My closest shot at that seems to be installing Premiere Elements 14 on a tablet that I have which uses Windows 8.1 32 bit.

To be continued later today.

Thanks for the follow up. Interesting question.

ATR

• 6. Re: cannot burn dvds no burner found
                    A.T. Romano Level 7

Chris

I have a HP Stream 7 5701 Tablet. It uses a Windows 8.1 32 bit operating system. The video card/graphics card that the tablet uses is just Intel HD Graphics, not 2000 or higher/newer).

I installed Premiere Elements 14 on this tablet with its Windows 8.1 32 bit operating system and took a look at the 14's preferences.

There was no preference found for "Use Hardware Acceleration (works on Intel HD Graphics 2000 and newer)" in Edit Menu/Preferences/General or anywhere else. Based on that and until proven otherwise, I am generalizing the finding to

The existence of a "Use Hardware Acceleration (works on Intel HD Graphics 2000 and higher/newer)" is a preference offered only to the user with 13/13.1 and 14 on Window 64 bit and not Windows 32 bit computers.

Did we establish that you can still do the burn to ISO Image even if you cannot do the burn to disc with Premiere Elements 14 on Windows 10 64 bit?

If you are in a time crunch and if ISO Image works for you, then use it and put that on disc using a free program such as ImgBurn.

How to write an image file to a disc using ImgBurn - Guides - ImgBurn Support Forum

Any questions on the how to, please ask.

Since you have the latest version of Premiere Elements, 14, I wonder if Adobe Chat would share any undocumented fixes for getting the burn to disc to function. If you want to give that a try, please try the following online Adobe Chat Downloading, Installing, and Setting Up link

Contact Customer Care

Please update us on further developments as your schedule permits.

Thank you.

ATR

• 7. Re: cannot burn dvds no burner found
                      cr23456526 Level 1

Hello again,

Yes I can make ISO images, but its not a clean solution,

I contacted Adobe chat, and the transcript follows,

For additional help, reach us at http://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html

General Info

Chat start time      Oct 30, 2015 11:06:36 PM PST

Chat end time      Oct 30, 2015 11:14:01 PM PST

Duration (actual chatting time)      00:07:25

Operator      Amit

Chat Transcript

info: Thank you for your patience.

While you wait, you can try our community forums where experts are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week

info: You are now chatting with Amit.

Amit: Hello! Welcome to Adobe Customer Service.

Amit: Please allow me 1-2 minute(s) to review your account details.

Amit: Please download the product from

Amit: http://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-elements/kb/premiere-elements-10-11-downloads.html

info: Your chat transcript will be sent to chris-ransom@talktalk.net at the end of your chat.

c ransom: what will this do for me ?

Amit: download the product from this link and install with the serial number

c ransom: is this a bug fix then ?

Amit: as your cd is not working , the alternative is download link

c ransom: will premiere then recognize my burner ?

Amit: i am so sorry , i though that you were unable to install the application

Amit: thought

Amit: in this case i will suggest you to contact us on Monday because the Premiere Elements Department is closed on weekends

c ransom: ok thanks, bye

Not a lot of help, as you can read,

I will keep you updated on this 'farce', but I am dissillusioned with Adobe.

Thnk you so much for your info and links, its reassuring to know that there are persons like yourself out there.

Im a retired pensioner, and have been doing video editing since the analogue days with VHS !

So have been round the block so to speak.

Regards for now

Chris

Sent from my iPad

• 8. Re: cannot burn dvds no burner found
                        A.T. Romano Level 7

Chris

Thanks for the follow up.

Just in case mention....please remind me....did you ever get a chance to do the uninstall/ccleaner/reinstall as described previously in this thread?

The following has worked for several under the circumstances

1. Uninstall the usual Control Panel way

2. Do a free ccleaner run through (regular and registry cleaner parts)   CCleaner - Download

3. Reinstall with antivirus and firewalls disabled

That has worked for some in this Premiere Elements burner location not recognized situations. No guarantees, but promising based on history.

We will be watching for further developments as your schedule permits.

Best wishes

ATR

• 9. Re: cannot burn dvds no burner found
                          cr23456526 Level 1

Hello again,

Well Imwent through the chat process with the Adobe expert, and this is what he had to say.

For additional help, reach us at http://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html

General Info

Chat start time      Nov 2, 2015 10:45:00 AM EST

Chat end time      Nov 2, 2015 11:12:02 AM EST

Duration (actual chatting time)      00:27:01

Operator      Ajay

Chat Transcript

info: Thank you for your patience.

While you wait, you can try our community forums where experts are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week

info: We are still assisting other customers, thank you for your patience. You can also try our community forums, available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

info: You are now chatting with Sunny Dhiman.

Sunny Dhiman: Hello! Welcome to Adobe support.

Sunny Dhiman: I am reviewing your issue. Please stay online and do not close the chat window or browser in order to ensure our chat session connectivity.

info: Your chat transcript will be sent to chris-ransom@talktalk.net at the end of your chat.

Sunny Dhiman: Thank you for your patience.

Sunny Dhiman: As I understand that you are unable to download and burn your software on your dvd, Is that correct?

Sunny Dhiman: Are we still connected?

c ransom: yes, when i have finished editing and want to make a DVD, premiere 14 cannot find dvd burner

Sunny Dhiman: Okay

Sunny Dhiman: I see this more technical and to resolve this issue, I'll need to transfer your chat to our dedicated team for Adobe Premier team for your help.

Sunny Dhiman: Is there anything else I can help you with?

Sunny Dhiman: Apart from this I may help you

c ransom: no, please transfer me

Sunny Dhiman: Sure, thank you

info: Please wait while we connect you to a representative.

info: You are now chatting with Ajay.

Ajay: May I know which operating system are you using?

c ransom: windows 10

Ajay: Okay

Ajay: May I take the remote access of your computer to check the problem

c ransom: im on my ipad away from the pc at the moment

c ransom: if i want to make a ble ray it finds a burner, if

Ajay: Okay.

Ajay: In that case what you may try is, try to create an ISO first and then burn it to the dvd. 

Ajay: That should work fine for you.

c ransom: ive done that and it works, but its a work around rather than a fix, i note that there are a large number of others with the same problem, i have been on the forums and have not been able ti get a fix

c ransom: i have checked my burner via windows , right click and send a file to a burner and it works perfectly, its just adobe thats not working correctly

Ajay: We have already registered this bug and the engineering team is working to take care of it. This should be resolved in coming few weeks.

c ransom: does this mean that you will be sending out an update soon ?

Ajay: Yes.

c ransom: bfore christmas ?

Ajay: We would not be able to tell the exact date at the moment, the engineering department is still working on it

c ransom: as a long time user of adobe products, i am disappointed that such a fundamental issue with the code should arise, this is making me want to abandon adobe and go with another vendor

Ajay: Really apologize for that

c ransom: you should post this information that you know of this flaw on your website

c ransom: it would save all this nonsense trying to get a cure when there isnt one

Ajay: We will work on your feedback.

c ransom: please do, as otherwise you will find a lot of disgruntled users joing another vendor

Ajay: Sure Sir

c ransom: ok bye

So all along they knew there was a major issue !

In between time I have bought Cyber Link Director software, and I have to say it beats Adobe on all levels, so despite setbacks I am up and running again.

Once again many thanks for your suggestions, guess you can quote this transcipt if others like me have the sam issues.

Kind Regards

Chris Ransom

Sent from my iPad