26 Replies Latest reply on Feb 20, 2016 2:15 AM by mitch811

Premiere Elements crashes on Windows 10

Jallis70 Level 1

Hi

My Premiere Elements 13 crashes every time, I try to publish my video (1920x1080) on Youtube.

I have Windows 10.

• 1. Re: Premiere Elements crashes on Windows 10
          A.T. Romano Level 7

Jallis70

Have you updated 13 to 13.1 yet using an opened project's Help Menu/Updates?

What are the properties of the Timeline content that you are trying to upload to YouTube from within the Premiere Elements 13 built in YouTube feature?

In the YouTube setup, what is the duration and estimated file size of the upload? How far do you get in the YouTube process before the crash - sooner or later uploading displaying in the progress bar of the feature?

Can you export this Timeline content to a MP4 H.264 1920 x 1080p30 file saved to the computer hard drive and then from there upload it to YouTube at the YouTube web site?

Have you ever gotten any successes using this feature? What error messages have been associated with the failures? What happens if you use a different computer default browser?

Let us start here and then decide what next based on the details in your reply.

Any clarification needed on the above, please do not hesitate to ask.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: Premiere Elements crashes on Windows 10
            Jallis70 Level 1

Hi

Yes, my premiere is updated.

Project settings:1920x1080 50fps.

Duration/file size 4 min / 942 mb.

Premiere crashes immediately, I have select yhe YouTube format and klick the Next-button.

Yes I can export timeline content (MP4 H.264 1920 x 1080p30) to my computer and then upload it to YouTube.

Yes I have manage to upload my project, by using this feature.

I get following error message: "Adobe Premiere Elements 13 has stopped"

• 3. Re: Premiere Elements crashes on Windows 10
              A.T. Romano Level 7

Jalis70

Thanks for the reply with troubleshooting details.

For troubleshooting purposes only at this time....

Given that you can export your Timeline to the MP4 H.264 1920 x 1080p30 file.

What happens if you take that file, import it into a new Premiere Elements 13/13.1 project (project preset NTSC/DSLR/1080p/DSLR 1080p30) and then upload that Timeline using the Premiere Elements 13/13.1 built in YouTube feature?

Publish+Share

Social Websites

YouTube with Preset = High Definition for You Tube - 1920 x 1080

Does is that upload successful? Any questions about the above, please ask.

Thank you.

ATR

• 4. Re: Premiere Elements crashes on Windows 10
                Jallis70 Level 1

No help, still crash.

• 5. Re: Premiere Elements crashes on Windows 10
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

Jallis70

Thanks for exploring the suggestions.

What is the Window 10 64 bit default web browser that you are using?

Microsoft Edge

Internet Explorer

Google Chrome

Firefox

or

Other

Have you looked at

a. turning off the router for 45 seconds

b. in the default web browser going to Options/Advanced/Network and clearing the Cached Web Content?

Are you having the same problem with Premiere Elements built in Vimeo as with built in YouTube?

ATR

• 6. Re: Premiere Elements crashes on Windows 10
                    Jallis70 Level 1

I have use Firefox browser, also reboot the router.

I have clear the cache.

Also same problem with Vimeo, it crashes

• 7. Re: Premiere Elements crashes on Windows 10
                      A.T. Romano Level 7

jallis70

Windows 10 64 bit still has Internet Explorer tucked away. It can be set to be the computer default browser.

See

Local Disk C

Program Files (x86)

Internet Explorer and in the Internet Explorer Folder is the iexplore.exe that you double click.

Setting default is done through

Start

Settings

System

Default Apps and the Web Browser category

Did you say that you were able to get YouTube and Vimeo built into Premiere Elements 13to work for you on Windows 10 64 bit before now?  I do not recall that you mentioned whether or not you were using the 13.1 update instead of 13? If not using 13.1 Update, please try the update using an opened project's Help Menu/Updates. Does the program allow you to do that without error?

We will be watching for your progress as your schedule permits.

Thanks for the follow ups.

ATR

• 8. Re: Premiere Elements crashes on Windows 10
                        Jallis70 Level 1

I change the browser to Internet Explorer, by selecting it default browser. No help, same problem.

Why the browser could be the issue? I have never before use Explorer, always use Firefox.

I have manage to publish my video, by using Premiere Elements 13 built-in feature on 30.8.15 (with this same configure on my computer). Yesterday, I try again publish this same project, but Premiere Elements crashes.

My Premiere Element is 13.1 version.

• 9. Re: Premiere Elements crashes on Windows 10
                          Jallis70 Level 1

I still need help with my problem...

• 10. Re: Premiere Elements crashes on Windows 10
                            A.T. Romano Level 7

jallis70

Thanks for the update. Sorry the news was not better.

Browser settings have been implicated in some of these Premiere Elements YouTube upload failures. That is why attempted to determine if this factor could be involved in your situation.

At this time, is it only this one project that will not upload to YouTube using the Premiere Elements 13/13.1 built in YouTube feature?

You wrote

I have manage to publish my video, by using Premiere Elements 13 built-in feature on 30.8.15 (with this same configure on my computer). Yesterday, I try again publish this same project, but Premiere Elements crashes.

Is it possible to export today this same Timeline to an AVCHD.mp4 file saved to the computer hard drive and uploaded to YouTube at the YouTube web site?

What happens if today you start a new project with different Timeline content and try to get the Premiere Elements built in YouTube feature to work for you?

Please consider.

ATR

• 11. Re: Premiere Elements crashes on Windows 10
                              Sandeep Singh Adobe Employee

Hi Jallis70,

Could you get me the crash log from event viewer ? www.cyberlink.com/support/faq-content.do?id=10449

Could you try to export the video on the computer?

Could you check with smaller and different video to upload?

Regards,

Sandeep

• 12. Re: Premiere Elements crashes on Windows 10
                                Jallis70 Level 1

Here you can find Crash log from today https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B_3s4Qf4XYUvMDBCcWlMNGZKcnc&usp=sharing

And yes, I can save my project to the computer and then I can upload it to Youtube.

I also try to upload smaller videoproject from Premiere to Youtube. No luck, it crash.

If you check the logs, it tells, my version is 13.0. I have double checked it from Premiere, my version is 13.1

• 13. Re: Premiere Elements crashes on Windows 10
                                  Sandeep Singh Adobe Employee

Hi Jallis70,

Thanks for the reply.

Please provide following information :

What is the Graphics Card installed on the system ?

Please try to update the drivers of Video Cards.

ATI Driver Autodetect http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/auto-detect-tool

nVidia Driver Downloads http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us

Regards,

Sandeep

• 14. Re: Premiere Elements crashes on Windows 10
                                    Jallis70 Level 1

I have got Nvidia Geforce GTX520 and I have the latest drivers on it.

If I try remove and reinstall the Premiere, Would it help?

• 15. Re: Premiere Elements crashes on Windows 10
                                      Jallis70 Level 1

Is the only way solve my problem, to buy editing software, witch works (not Adobe).

I thought, If I buy license for Premiere, I could make cool videos and if I have some problems, I could also get help.

Now my Premiere elements is useles!

• 16. Re: Premiere Elements crashes on Windows 10
                                        A.T. Romano Level 7

jallis70

Thanks for the update and for considering my prior comments. But, my last questions got put on hold as you and Sandeep explored the issues.

Did you go through all of Sandeep's suggested troubleshooting?

Please consider

Uninstall the program the usual Control Panel way

Do a free ccleaner run through (regular and registry cleaner parts)   CCleaner - Download

Reinstall with antivirus and firewalls disabled.

Before you do that, you might want to look at the usual generalized troubleshooting if you have not already....

Was it established that you were running the program as administrator (from user account with administrative privileges)?

Please consider the following

Local Disk C

Program Files

Adobe

Adobe Premiere Elements 13

and in the Adobe Premiere Elements 13 Folder find and right click the file specifically names Adobe Premiere Elements.exe. From the pop up menu that results, select and apply Run As Administrator. Then double click the Adobe Premiere Elements.exe to open the program to its workspaces and try the upload to YouTube using Publish+Share/Social Websites/YouTube. Crash or no crash?

Do you have QuickTime 7.7.6 installed on your Windows 10 64 bit computer?

QuickTime 7.7.6 for Windows

Also, have you delete the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file?

Local Disk C

Users

Owner

AppData

Roaming

Adobe

Premiere Elements

and in the 13.0 Folder is the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file that you delete. If that does not work, then you delete the whole 13.0 Folder in which the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file exists. Be sure to be working with computer Folder Option Show Hidden Files, Folders, and Drives enabled so that you can see the complete path given.

Also, depending on the results, you may want to explore a temporary driver roll back.

And, please confirm that no matter what the Timeline content (even the one from August), you get the same crash by just hitting YouTube in the path Publish+Share/Social Websites/YouTube.

Thank you for considering the comments.

ATR

• 17. Re: Premiere Elements crashes on Windows 10
                                          Jallis70 Level 1

"Did you go through all of Sandeep's suggested troubleshooting?"

-Yes

"Adobe Premiere Elements 13 Folder find and right click the file specifically names Adobe Premiere Elements.exe. From the pop up menu that results, select and apply Run As Administrator. Then double click the Adobe Premiere Elements.exe to open the program to its workspaces and try the upload to YouTube using Publish+Share/Social Websites/YouTube. Crash or no crash?"

-Crash (one time, it does not crashed, but gave following note "Online services encountered an error. The service will now be terminated or paused if possible")

"Do you have QuickTime 7.7.6 installed on your Windows 10 64 bit computer?"

-Yes

"in the 13.0 Folder is the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file that you delete. If that does not work, then you delete the whole 13.0 Folder in which the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file exists. Be sure to be working with computer Folder Option Show Hidden Files, Folders, and Drives enabled so that you can see the complete path given."

-Crash (deleting whole folder)

"And, please confirm that no matter what the Timeline content (even the one from August), you get the same crash by just hitting YouTube in the path Publish+Share/Social Websites/YouTube."

-Crash

Only modifications, I have made in my computer (before I encounter this problem) configure are:

-Installing Lightroom 30 days trial (removed now...)

-Updating craphics card driver

If the problem is between Windows 10 and Premiere, I think somebody else have also same problem... 

• 18. Re: Premiere Elements crashes on Windows 10
                                            A.T. Romano Level 7

jallis70

Thanks for the follow up with important troubleshooting information.

Within the hour, I went to my Premiere Elements 13/13.1 on Windows 10 Home 64 bit and did a upload to YouTube using

Publish+Share/Social Websites/YouTube with the preset for High Definition Video for YouTube 1920 x 1080.

There were no problems anywhere along the way. Although that does not fix your issue, it factors out that the YouTube web site is down for all from the built in YouTube feature. The default browser is Firebox.

Trying to find something in the changes that you mentioned in your computer environment

1. When you uninstalled the Lightroom tryout, did you do the free ccleaner run through to get rid of any leftovers?

2. What video card/graphics card does your computer use and have you looked at a temporary roll back of the card's driver version to the prior version?

Have you gotten any more feedback from Sandeep Singh based that contact - either positive or negative?

ATR

• 19. Re: Premiere Elements crashes on Windows 10
                                              Jallis70 Level 1

I have also reinstall Premiere, but no help.

And roll back to previous craphic card driver version,no help (Geforce GTX520)

• 20. Re: Premiere Elements crashes on Windows 10
                                                A.T. Romano Level 7

jallis70

Thanks for the reply. Have you said that, at the present time, you can export the Timeline content to a file saved to the computer hard drive and then from there upload it to YouTube at the YouTube web site on Windows 10 64 bit?

What happens if you setup your Premiere Elements project, have everything ready for the upload to YouTube from the Premiere Elements built in feature. But you do not click on Publish+Share/ yet.

Instead, you go to the YouTube web site, sign in, go to your channel, and then minimize the window. Do not sign out or close the YouTube web site.

Next go back to Premiere Elements and now move forward to Publish+Share/Social Websites/YouTube. Any crashes then on moving forward through the process?

ATR

• 21. Re: Premiere Elements crashes on Windows 10
                                                  Jallis70 Level 1

"Thanks for the reply. Have you said that, at the present time, you can export the Timeline content to a file saved to the computer hard drive and then from there upload it to YouTube at the YouTube web site on Windows 10 64 bit?"

-Yes

"What happens if you setup your Premiere Elements project, have everything ready for the upload to YouTube from the Premiere Elements built in feature. But you do not click on Publish+Share/ yet.

Instead, you go to the YouTube web site, sign in, go to your channel, and then minimize the window. Do not sign out or close the YouTube web site.

Next go back to Premiere Elements and now move forward to Publish+Share/Social Websites/YouTube. Any crashes then on moving forward through the process?"

-I have tryed it, but no help.

• 22. Re: Premiere Elements crashes on Windows 10
                                                    crashnburnxp Level 1

I am having the exact same issue since going to Windows 10. I did an upgrade from Windows 7 x64 to Windows 10 x64 around release and since doing the upgrade which worked on Windows 7; upon completing windows 10 upgrade process (which kept all programs and personal files) the program no longer Worked. I have also tried everything suggested in this thread and have even gone as far as to reinstall a fresh copy of Windows 10 on my computer, install Adobe Premiere 13, update it and try and upload a file to Youtube, it still crashes stating that "Adobe Premiere Elements 13 has stopped responding" and then proceeds to crash.

I can successfully save the export to my computer and upload it to Youtube. I have tried 5 minute videos and 10 second videos and both produce the same error.

This is very inconvenient and its unfair that I paid $80 for this only to have it work for a few months and be worthless with Windows 10.

• 23. Re: Premiere Elements crashes on Windows 10
                                                      A.T. Romano Level 7

crashnburnxp

I meant to reply sooner to your comments in post 22, but got detoured and lost sight of the thread in the thread traffic.

Have you tried the following variety of possible remedies for this situation with Premiere Elements 13/13.1 on Windows 10 64 bit - Publish+Share/Social Web Sites/YouTube?

1. Have you tried setting a different computer default browser - instead of Microsoft Edge - Internet Explorer is still there and can be put in action?

2. Have you gone to browser's Options/Advanced/Network and deleted the Cached Web Content?

3. Have you shut off the router for 35 seconds?

4. Have you gone to YouTube, signed in there, minimized the windows, went back to Premiere Elements and tried the upload to YouTube using the Premiere Elements built in feature for YouTube?

5. Have you looked at this and any other computer issues with and without the antivirus and firewalls disabled?

I have Premiere Elements 13/13.1 installed on two different computers with Windows 10 64 bit, and all has been OK with the Timeline uploads to YouTube using the Premiere Elements 13/13.1 built in feature for YouTube. Do you get these problems if you use Facebook and Vimeo?

Please consider.

Thank you.

ATR

• 24. Re: Premiere Elements crashes on Windows 10
                                                        A.T. Romano Level 7

crashnburnxp

Add On to my post 23...

You have probably already done most if not all of what I posted in post 23. Because you do not have the current version of the program, I do not see Adobe Support coming through on this. Its supported is to latest version (currently 14/14.1).

I see this as a Publish+Share/Social Web Sites/ matter rather than a Facebook, Vimeo, or YouTube specific problem (based on what you wrote).

There have been at least one or two cases (reported) where no solution were found for this type of situation with Premiere Elements on Windows 10, and the user had to depend on exporting the Timeline to file which was upload to one of these Social Web Sites.

Since I have upgrades two of my computers to Windows 10 64 bit, my impression continues to be that Premiere Elements problems are the same before and after the Windows 10 upgrade.

Since Social Web Sites depends on downloading presets for Facebook, Vimeo, and YouTube, have you looked at these processes and uploads with and without the antivirus and firewalls disabled? Does your computer have an special security software that might be blocking these presets from downloading? In what process of the built in YouTube (for instance), does the crash occur?

Just some thoughts for now.

ATR

• 25. Re: Premiere Elements crashes on Windows 10
                                                          mitch811 Level 1

This is not very encouraging.  I have been trying for 10 months now to get mine to work ever since upgrading to Windows 10.  I also have been following and tried everything that has been mentioned here.  Still no luck in being able to publish, from APE13.1, to any of the 3 social media sites listed in the "publish/share" portion of APE13.  Looking at the numerous threads on the web, this seems to be an endemic problem between Windows 10 and APE13.  Does not seem to be any of the social websites issues or hardware issues or Web browser issues.  I sure hope that APE come up with a fix soon or customers will be lost.  By the way, I have 2 other computers running Windows 7 and Windows 8.1 with APE 13, not 13.1.  They are both working fine with regards uploading using the built in APE13 web sharing mechanism.

• 26. Re: Premiere Elements crashes on Windows 10
                                                            mitch811 Level 1

One more thing to add that has been on my mind.  I sure hope the lack of a fix isn't directly related to forcing us to pay a subscription to CC!!!!