4 Replies Latest reply on Feb 25, 2016 10:58 AM by pryzm

PLEASE, please bring the composition tab scroll bar back.

PRBates

It may seem trivial, but this loss of function is costing me in workflow efficiency.  I know that there is a popup on the right side, but with the number of tabs I use, and the fact that my eyes and mouse are mainly on the left side, it is frustrating and not nearly as practical.

PLEASE bring it back or at least comment.

Thanks,

Phil

Artbeats Inc.

• 1. Re: PLEASE, please bring the composition tab scroll bar back.
          troychurch Adobe Employee

Phil,

Not trivial at all. Thanks for asking about it.

Short response:

We hear you and we’re working on improving this experience.

No exact promises, but we’re working on a beautiful solution that address this horizontal-scroll-ability need.

Longer response:

The short answer plus….The old horizontal scroll bar definitely had it’s pros and cons, but a couple of the things we’re hearing that people are missing is: 

1. Ability to quickly navigate (and see at the top of the timeline) all of their tabs. As, you mention, this is “where my eyes and mouse are”.

2. Related to #1, the ability to work on several comps, then “gesture” to the right using he horizontal scroll bar - and now have quick access to several new (previously out of view) comps. It's kind of a “group change” need rather than picking each comp one-at-a-time from the side menu.

3. Ability to (at a glance) get a sense of how many tabs are out of view - and to know if the out of view tabs are off to the left or right…

If there are other specifics your running into - please let us know, the details are helpful.

-Troy

• 2. Re: PLEASE, please bring the composition tab scroll bar back.
            PRBates Level 1

Thanks for hearing me, Troy, I appreciate it.

One of the things I miss is not knowing where I am, so I am glad you are working on a solution.

Thanks again,

Phil

• 3. Re: PLEASE, please bring the composition tab scroll bar back.
              astralelements

I complete second this. I really really miss that damn scroll bar. It's slowing me down in Premiere & After Effects.

• 4. Re: PLEASE, please bring the composition tab scroll bar back.
                pryzm

I would LOVE to at least be able to get the Ctrl+Tab feature back. With that I can cycle through the comps without having to mouse back and forth. If I have 50 comps open that I need to cut and paste something similar in each, I would rather Ctrl+Tab->Ctrl+V for the next comp instead of having to mouse around the screen to get what I need. Thanks!