12 Replies Latest reply on Nov 2, 2015 11:43 AM by druss PI

Lightroom CC 2015.2.1 slow and freezing up

mikeseela

Hello everyone!

I use Lightroom CC daily for sorting and editing hundreds of images per casting. It's my lifeblood for work!

The program has worked flawlessly until updating to 2015.2.1. After the update I started to experience constant lag while sifting through in the library gallery in my catalogs as well as while trying to use the development module to modify the most basic elements of the photo..

I can barely move around the program without having to wait 5 minutes for any movement to appear on the interface. The metadata filter on the right sometimes freezes and I have to force quit the application and reboot my computer to get the program working again...for 5 minutes.

After reading through the forums for help I've unchecked GPU usage, optimized my catalog, backed everything up as usual, even lowered the previews to the smallest size option. No luck for the program becoming stable for me to use with ease.

Thank you for reading and PLEASE let me know if anyone has any hints as to why the interface freezes and performance stalls every time I launch the program. I've included information below regarding my software and hardware in case that helps.

Programs:

Lightroom CC 2015.2.1

Camera Raw 9.2

Hardware:

Computer: MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Late 2015)

Processor: 2.3GHz Intel Core i7

RAM: 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M 2048 MB

Storage: 500GB SSD

Best,

Michael