I need to deauthorize an old account from digital editions, so that I am able to authorize a new one to use library books. The problem is, this account is my old college email that I no longer have access to and I do not know the password to deauthorize because it is something I set up a decade ago! Please help. This is also on a Mac. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling, resetting my Nook. I don't know what else to do, short of buying a new computer!
1. Open Adobe Digital Editions.
2. Press Command+Shift+D to deauthorize Adobe Digital Editions.
3. Select Erase Authorization and click OK.
4. Try to authorize the Program which your new Adobe ID.
Should the first way not work:
1. Quit Adobe Digital Editions.
2. Navigate to /Users//Library/Application Support/Adobe/Digital Editions and drag the activation.dat file to the trash.
If you are using 10.7, see Access hidden user library files | Mac OS 10.7 Lion.
3. Open Adobe Digital Editions and reauthorize.