2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 29, 2015 6:59 AM by A.T. Romano

Sound cutting out

dominicf48123136

I am trying to edit a Michael Jackson mashup for a lip sync that my friends and I are going to.  I have premiere elements 9.  I save the file (of all the songs in mp4 format) to my computer as an mp3 but when I click on the file, it will play 46 seconds and then the audio stops abruptly and does not resume for the rest of the 5 minute file. I'm not sure how to fix this, hence this post.  Any help would be much appreciated!

• 1. Re: Sound cutting out
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

What is the resolution, frame rate and, above all the, the audio and video codecs for your original video?

Version 9 does not handle MP4s well, and also must be manually set up to match your source video (unlike newer versions of the program). What are your Project Settings, as listed under the program's Edit menu?

When you first added your video to your project, did you let the audio fully conform before you began editing? If not, the audio will stop partway through your video.

• 2. Re: Sound cutting out
            A.T. Romano Level 7

dominicf

From what you wrote, you are not dealing with a video import into your Premiere Elements 9.0/9.0.1 project, rather separate audio files as .mp3.

I would ask - "Is this copy protected music?". If so, you will have problems with YouTube and Vimeo if you use it in an upload. And, Premiere Elements does not fare well in general with copy protected media.

ATR