4 Replies Latest reply on Apr 1, 2009 10:36 AM by Newsgroup_User

cfexchangemail and null pointers

Mikey D. Level 1
      I can no longer retrieve mails from an MS Exchange server with one particular account. I tried using the FOLDER="Inbox" and I get a null pointers error. When I try another folder such as FOLDER="Inbox/Processed" everything is hunky dory. Can someone please explain.

CF8
      Exchange 2003

• 1. Re: cfexchangemail and null pointers
          Mikey D. Level 1
          What I noticed was that the email message was sent from a Windows Mobile Phone.

Has anyone else run into a problem with CFEXCHANGEMAIL and Windows Mobile?
          • 2. Re: cfexchangemail and null pointers
            Level 7
            > What I noticed was that the email message was sent from a Windows Mobile Phone.

How did you test this? If you delete that specific email message, does
            your <cfexchangemail> call start working again?

If so, and you send a new email from a Windows Mobile phone, does it break
            again?

> Has anyone else run into a problem with CFEXCHANGEMAIL and Windows Mobile?

It shouldn't matter where an email message originated from as to whether
            one can fetch it from the server. That said... stranger things have
            happened.

--
            Adam
            • 3. Re: cfexchangemail and null pointers
              Mikey D. Level 1
              Yes, and Yes.

When I have my end user send me an email from their Window Mobile phone, in this case a Saga, the CFEXCHANGEMAIL tag returns an error. When I use Outlook to move the offending email to another folder... the CFEXCH tag works just fine. It sends back a query of all of the items in the inbox.

Very strange. I wish I could get access to the MS Exchange Database to see what's going on... but that is not really possible.

Does anyone out there have any experience with this?????

• 4. Re: cfexchangemail and null pointers
                Level 7
                > Yes, and Yes.
                >
                > When I have my end user send me an email from their Window Mobile phone, in
                > this case a Saga, the CFEXCHANGEMAIL tag returns an error. When I use Outlook
                > to move the offending email to another folder... the CFEXCH tag works just
                > fine. It sends back a query of all of the items in the inbox.

OK. Contact me offline (adam_junk@hotmail.com), and I'll give you an email
                address to send a message to from the Windows Mobile (it's my work email
                address). I'll see if I can replicate on our Exchange server.

Oh: what version of Exchange is it?

--
                Adam