3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 31, 2015 1:15 PM by A.T. Romano

burning blue ray disk only option is 29.97 fps

cliftond16007892

I took avchd 1980 60p fps video. the project settings confirm this timeline setting. when I go to export to blue ray I can only record 29.97 fps. Is there an option for 60p fps? My camera also takes video at 28mbps and the resulting video at 29 fps is only 18 mbps.

The original timeline did not render and was so jerky that I could not edit the timeline. I found somewhere to change the clip time code from 100 to 99%. This helped tremendously. What causes this? Is there a way to make this a permanent fix? does this have anything to do with my above problem being 29.97 fps?

Thanks for any help.  OH can I download more disk menus somewhere.  I only have a few and no football installed.

• 1. Re: burning blue ray disk only option is 29.97 fps
          A.T. Romano Level 7

cliftond

What version of Premiere Elements, what computer operating system?

There is no Premiere Elements burn to Blu-ray disc format on DVD disc that uses a frame rate of 60/59.94 progressive frames per second.

In Premiere Elements 14, the frame rate choices are 23.976 progressive frames per second, 25 interlaced frames per second, or 29.97 interlaced frames per second.

For version 14, refer to the Export & Share section of the following

ATR Premiere Elements Troubleshooting: Premiere Elements 14 First Look Details

Did the original Timeline that would not render have no colored line over it or an orange line. If no colored line when it was first imported, no Timeline rendering is available or possible. The intent of Timeline rendering is to give you the best possible preview. It does not fix anything. If this Timeline content does come in with no colored line, you can try the forced rendering maneuver that I first described, that is, forcing the rendering by applying Time Stretch 99%. Remember, this matter is dealing with previewing.

Have you review all the menus that Adobe offers in its Movie Menu feature? Have you gone into Movie Menu customization within the project? Have you gone into creating your own movie menus? The bottom of the following may give you some ideas about variations in the existing movie menu choices

ATR Premiere Elements Troubleshooting: PE: Disc Menu Folders/Files Locations

Please consider. Any questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: burning blue ray disk only option is 29.97 fps
            cliftond16007892 Level 1

Thank you for your response. There is in deed a lot to cover in your reply. Since my video footage is progressive I guess you are recommending the best quality of my finished project should be set at 23.976. Is there a reason the burning default went to interlaced at 29.97? Is there any other video solution that would offer a higher frame rate more closely matching my 60 p footage? I do not understand the reasoning of reducing 60 FPS video to 23,976 FPS.

Is there a way to apply the 99% trick on the whole video time line instead of having to adjust each clip independently? There was no colored line on the time line when I originally added the clips. There was no way to edit the clips without the 99% trick. Using windows 7 64 bit and using Sony HDR-PJ650 video camera with video set at progressive 60 FPS.  Windows shows the footage as AVCHD .mts files. Also using elements 14.

As I mentioned there are very few stock dvd menus to choose from. In the sports category there is no football. If there are no others included or downloadable,  I will have to learn to make my own.

Thank you again for any help with these questions.

• 3. Re: burning blue ray disk only option is 29.97 fps
              A.T. Romano Level 7

cliftond

The Premiere Elements burn to disc presets are what they are for DVD, AVCHD, and Blu-ray.

The choices appear to point to typical choices which are supported by the formats supported on the disc burn type. As user, I have no inside information on Adobe feature choices. You should get good quality with the what is.

As for the forced rendering maneuver.....Try selecting your videos with the preview issues (yet with rendered look) all at the same time, right clicking anywhere in the selection, clicking on Time Stretch, and setting the Time Scretch dialog's Speed % to 99. Does that work for you?

Depending on your player and your choice of burn to disc, you might consider exporting your 1080p60 Timeline to a 1080p60 file that you can transfer to a disc, USB flash drive, memory card. If your player supports a particular 1080p60 format on one of those particular media, then you will have playback of your 1080p60. We could talk about settings for that idea if interested. The down side is that you will not have menus in your end product.

Customizing the Adobe existing disc menus within the project workspace is the easiest way to approach a more customized look for your menus.

Doing more will take you into the menu's psd files on the hard drive and Photoshop CS and higher editing the layers in the Layers Palette of those psd files. Attention to detail on that is important since even a mis-step in layer nomenclature can cause failure of the menu in the project.

Please consider.

Thank you.

ATR