3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 1, 2015 1:13 PM by akdobe

Nikon D7000 RAW Import Fail - Error:  The following files were not imported because they could not be read.

akdobe

I'm on a Mac running OS X 10.11.

I hook up the camera via USB, open Adobe Photoshop Lightroom CC (2015 2.1 - Camera Raw 9.2), click the Import button and see all the .NEF files on the camera.  I check off "Into Subfolder" and it default selects "By date" with "Date Format" of 2015/10 which I accept.  I then select the collection I want to add to, set the file rename rule and click on the blue import button with all photos selected.

The import doesn't work and I get the error:  The following files were not imported because they could not be read.

I've been reading in the forums and many people are claiming this is due to a file permissions issue.  The is not the case here.  I am logged in as myself, running Lightroom as myself (the Lightroom process is owned by me) and my entire home directory is owned by me, including the "2015/10" folder it would want to write into.  In addition, I can manually go into this directory and manually create and delete files and folders without any problem.

So the above proves there is no permission issue as far as the OS and the filesystem is concerned and also proves this is a Lightroom specific problem.  So why isn't this working?  I'm paying several hundred dollars a year for a CC subscription; I need this to work.