4 Replies Latest reply on Oct 29, 2015 9:03 PM by A.T. Romano

upgraded to windows 10 now I have license issues

jamesv54127191

I have upgraded to Windows 10 and now my license says it is registered on too many computers.  I have not added any installations, just upgraded.  Please help.

• 2. Re: upgraded to windows 10 now I have license issues
          A.T. Romano Level 7

jamesv

What version of Premiere Elements on Windows 10 64 bit.

Since you are posting in the Premiere Elements Forum, I am assuming that you are asking about some version of Premiere Elements.

Adobe is the only place to sort out the too many same purchased activated serial number on your computer(s). But, I would suggest the following to get on the more likely path to getting the Adobe Chat help.

Since this is a Premiere Elements question in the Adobe Premiere Elements Forum, I prefer to use online Adobe Chat links pointing to Premiere Element and not some Creative Suite Master Collection. Premiere Elements is not a Creative Cloud application.

Although the following link is named Contact Customer Care like the other link you were given, under this one is the path to the Premiere Elements destination.

Please use

Contact Customer Care

I do not anticipate any problems. But there could be if you have an older version of the program and Adobe Chat interprets your question as technical rather than an activated serial number trapped on a computer.

Please consider and let us know the outcome as your schedule permits.

Thank you.

ATR

• 3. Re: upgraded to windows 10 now I have license issues
            jamesv54127191 Level 1

It is Premier Elements 13.  I’ve tried customer care…won’t let me chat because it is too old.  Tried calling support to talk to a person, but they wouldn’t help me.  Said to go to the forums.  Frustrating run-around on a product I have paid for.

The Adobe stuff is the only issue I have had since upgrading to Win 10.

Thanks

James

• 4. Re: upgraded to windows 10 now I have license issues
              A.T. Romano Level 7

James

Thanks for the reply.

From the result that you got from Adobe Chat, I suspect that it is looking at your issue as a technical matter rather than too many same purchased activated serial number. This is probably the case since you probably mentioned that only one computer is involved. You could try again with Adobe Chat and ask for a supervisor, pointing to the too many message. But, let us see what we can do

Uninstall Premiere Elements 13 from your computer with the Windows 10 64 bit.

Do a free ccleaner run through (regular and registry cleaning parts)  CCleaner - Download

Reinstall Premiere Elements 13 with antivirus and firewalls disabled

After you are assured that 13 is working properly, then download and install the 13.1 Update using an opened project's Help Menu/Updates.

After you do the ccleaner routine and before you reinstall Premiere Elements 13, be sure you have QuickTime 7 installed on your computer. For Windows 10 64 bit, please use specifically QuickTime 7.7.6.

QuickTime 7.7.6 for Windows

The above is not the typical path to solving the "too many" message, but at this point I see no alternative if Adobe cannot or will not step in.

Please consider, and let us know if any of the above made a difference in your situation. Also think back to any remote possibility that the program is installed on any other computes.

Thank you.

ATR