• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Future of Document/Literal Web Services in CF

New Here ,
Nov 10, 2006 Nov 10, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like some clarification on the future of web services in CF. Right now I use CF 7 RPC/encoded CFCs which communicates with a Java client product currently using the older JWSDP 1.6 for web services. However the new Java SOA with WS-Security has been out for a while but I cannot convert to it because it doesn't support the outdated RPC/encoded format and CF 7 does not handle Document/Literal properly. CF 7 does not properly handle cfproperty element arrays in publishing Document/Literal web services (well documented problem with CF and the current Axis engine).

However JavaSE 6 is nearing a release and it too will not support RPC/encoded or xsd_AnyType, nor will it support the current Document/Literal produced by CF 7 which does not properly handle arrays for cfproperty elements. This may become a major problem for my application as all the Java environments are upgraded.

Therefore is this issue being addressed in the upcoming CF 8 release?

Will CF 8 be upgraded to Axis2 and properly support Document/Literal arrays for cfproperty elements?

When might we expect a release of CF 8?

Is it possible for CF 7 to use Axis2?

CF has been a great product but I do need to assess some options if CF can not handle Document/Literal arrays for cfproperty elements within the near future.

Thanks,

Jason Baumgartner
Indiana University
TOPICS
Advanced techniques

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 20, 2007 Feb 20, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Jason, have you made any progress with CF7 and WS Security? It doesn't seem like enough information on this is available. Is it even possible? and how?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation