2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 29, 2006 11:48 AM by Neil Couch

Blogger Connection

ASchalk
      Contribute could not connect because a server is down or not accepting connections. Please contact your administrator

I know this has show up before, but the solutions offered were to wait. I tried this from home and work, and seriously doubt that blogger.com's services are down. In fact, I logged in and posted manually. Anyone else having this problem?

|AAron
        • 1. Re: Blogger Connection
          Level 7
          ASchalk wrote:
          > Contribute could not connect because a server is down or not accepting
          > connections. Please contact your administrator

>
          > I know this has show up before, but the solutions offered were to wait. I
          > tried this from home and work, and seriously doubt that blogger.com's services
          > are down. In fact, I logged in and posted manually. Anyone else having this
          > problem?
          >
          > |AAron
          >

For last couple of days blogger seems to be behaving the same way even
          for me. Contribute as a product interacts with blogger via a protocol.
          So, Blogger might have their web browser interface working fine but they
          might have some problems in their protocol. Not sure, this might be
          seriously due to blogger now enhancing their protocol version for their
          beta-blogger already up on web.FYI, no third party tools as of now yet
          support Blogger beta which has a Google authentication mechanism...

BTW, I guess, this is a problem with blogger because this was not a
          problem earlier with contribute when the same used to connect fine...
          • 2. Re: Blogger Connection
            Neil Couch
            "FYI, no third party tools as of now yet
            support Blogger beta which has a Google authentication mechanism..."

Does this mean Contribute 4 cannot create a connection to Blogger beta?