2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 30, 2015 5:55 AM by A.T. Romano

Cannot find the Rate Stretch Tool in Adobe Premiere Elements 12

frédéricr54933214

Hello,

In the past I was using an old version of Adobe Premiere Pro in which I could automatically change the speed of a video according to the music tempo with the "Rate Stretch Tool".

Within the Tool menu, I used to choose the Rate Stretch Tool (following symbol:) and I could change the time speed by sliding one of the edges of a video element.

Where can I find in Adobe Premiere Elements 12 version? Is the functionality disapered?

Thank you in advance.

Regards,

Fred

• 1. Re: Cannot find the Rate Stretch Tool in Adobe Premiere Elements 12
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Version 12 has two ways to change the playback speed of your video.

1) The overall playback speed of your video can be set by right-clicking on a clip on your timeline and selecting Time Stretch.

2) The playback speed of  your video can be set at specific segments by selecting a clip on your timeline and then selecting Time Remapping from the Tools menu.

• 2. Re: Cannot find the Rate Stretch Tool in Adobe Premiere Elements 12
            A.T. Romano Level 7

Fred

In Premiere Elements 12/12.1, there is the Time Stretch feature. However it is only available in the Expert workspace of the project.

Have you looked for it there yet under Tools Menu/Time Stretch or under the Tools Tab at the bottom of the Expert workspace?

There are actually at least three means to achieve slow or fast motion effect in Premiere Elements 12/12.1

1. Time Stretch in Expert workspace only.

2. Interpret Footage and its Frame Rate section

3. Time Remapping under Tools Menu or Tools Tab in both Expert and Quick workspaces

Dragging the right edge of the clip in or out is also a way.

ATR