In the past I was using an old version of Adobe Premiere Pro in which I could automatically change the speed of a video according to the music tempo with the "Rate Stretch Tool".
Where can I find in Adobe Premiere Elements 12 version? Is the functionality disapered?
Thank you in advance.
Version 12 has two ways to change the playback speed of your video.
1) The overall playback speed of your video can be set by right-clicking on a clip on your timeline and selecting Time Stretch.
2) The playback speed of your video can be set at specific segments by selecting a clip on your timeline and then selecting Time Remapping from the Tools menu.
In Premiere Elements 12/12.1, there is the Time Stretch feature. However it is only available in the Expert workspace of the project.
Have you looked for it there yet under Tools Menu/Time Stretch or under the Tools Tab at the bottom of the Expert workspace?
There are actually at least three means to achieve slow or fast motion effect in Premiere Elements 12/12.1
1. Time Stretch in Expert workspace only.
2. Interpret Footage and its Frame Rate section
3. Time Remapping under Tools Menu or Tools Tab in both Expert and Quick workspaces
Dragging the right edge of the clip in or out is also a way.