What computer operating system is involved with Premiere Elements 7?
Nonetheless... we need to know more about your video which you are describing as H.264.mp4. A H.264.avi file is not supported by Premiere Elements, but H.264.mp4 should?
a. What is the brand/model/settings for the camera recording the video
b. Is there a device recording the video that is doing that with a variable instead of a constant frame rate
c. What are the properties of the file's audio - is the audio Stereo (2 channel) or 5.1 channel?
Verify...is the error message just codec missing or does it say not support or codec missing?
What is your project preset?
How are you importing the file into the project...Get Media and then what?
Is the problem specific for this video or for all video and/or stills that you try to import into the project?
Do you have the same problem if you start a new project?
We will get to computer specifics next depending on your answers.
Let us start here and then decide what next based on the details in your reply.
Any questions or need clarification on the above, please do not hesitate to ask.
I am using Windows 10.
For recording I used Open Broadcaster Software which is a screen capture tool. You can set the encoder and the file type. That is set to .mp4 and H.264. What I read in the specification of Elements is that those should be supported.
a. Not a camera but as said above a screen capture tool
b. it is a constant frame rate of 50
c. the audio is stereo
And I didn't even get an error. The Premiere just stops working when I try to import.
Speaking of I just take the video clip and drag and drop it to Premiere (which works for some other videos too).
I didn't do much with the the project preset because I am just starting to work with Premiere. So this should be kinda default..whatever this may be.
I have some videos where it worked but those are already rendered in .avi. (which is atm not an option to record in).
It is for every project.
Thx so far
I have Premiere Elements 7 on Windows 10 (assumed 64 bit), and I can import without issues a Panasonic1080p50 file (AVCHD.mts) into a new project
with the project preset
Full HD 1080i25.
This is in spite of that fact that Premiere Elements 7 does not have a project preset to match completely 1080p50 - just an important part here, the frame size 1920 x 1080 for editing purposes.
This points to your screen capture format which is described as H.264.mp4. Not sure what is behind the codecs cited by the manufacturer of the software.
For troubleshooting purposes only at this time, we could explore
1. you sending a sample H.264.mp4 screen capture to your thread via a shareable link using a Google Drive or DropBox so that we can confirm your results
2. you could take your H.264.mp4 into the free HandBrake program to get a H.264.mp4 with constant frame rate 50 progressive frames per second version to import into the Premiere Elements 7 project with Get Media/Files and Folders https://handbrake.fr/ See HandBrake Picture Tab and Video Tab and its frame rate section.
1. For the troubleshooting, please import all these screen capture H.264.mp4 using the project's Get Media/Files and Folders.
2. Assure that you have QuickTime 7.7.6 installed on your computer QuickTime 7.7.6 for Windows
3. Please confirm the frame size as 1920 x 1080 and frame rate as 50 progressive frames per second and use the suggested project preset for now when you are opening a new project for import of these H.264.mp4.
4. Please clarify...the problem exists for all the H.264.mp4 screen captures from the screen capturing program...no exceptions.
Please consider. Any questions or need clarification on the above, please do not hesitate to ask.
same problem... i'm using windows 10 with premiere element 7 , i'm trying to import ntsc file from a gopro that was tranfer on my computer.
i can see the file on windows media player but i cant import it in adobe premiere.
i installed the latest version of quicktime as said somewhere else (2016/11)
its sais that the program dosent support the file or the codec is not install.
is there a link for me to install more codec or you might think is something else ?
thanks for helping
Please don't post the same question more than once to this forum. It's very confusing.
I have posted a response on your other thread.