3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 27, 2008 2:43 PM by pegfishr

Disabled Connection

LAOGuy Level 1
      I am a contribute novice at best!
      I had been able to access my website with an administration key. I have had a great deal of difficulty in reposting.

Error 3: Contribute has disabled your connection to this website because an unknown error occurred. For more information contact this website’s administrator.

Don't know what to do!
        • 1. Re: Disabled Connection
          Level 7
          LAOGuy wrote:
          > I am a contribute novice at best!
          > I had been able to access my website with an administration key. I have had a
          > great deal of difficulty in reposting.
          >
          > Error 3: Contribute has disabled your connection to this website because an
          > unknown error occurred. For more information contact this website?s
          > administrator.
          >
          > Don't know what to do!
          >

What scenario have you encountered this error message? if contribute
          cannot connect to your site for a specific amount of time, then it will
          time out and disable your connection showing that messsage... do you
          having enough access for your web server?
          • 2. Re: Disabled Connection
            pegfishr
            quote:

Originally posted by: Newsgroup User
            LAOGuy wrote:
            > I am a contribute novice at best!
            > I had been able to access my website with an administration key. I have had a
            > great deal of difficulty in reposting.
            >
            > Error 3: Contribute has disabled your connection to this website because an
            > unknown error occurred. For more information contact this website?s
            > administrator.
            >
            > Don't know what to do!
            >

What scenario have you encountered this error message? if contribute
            cannot connect to your site for a specific amount of time, then it will
            time out and disable your connection showing that messsage... do you
            having enough access for your web server?

• 3. Re: Disabled Connection
              pegfishr Level 1
              I have the same problem. It just started abruptly when I went in to work on my website. I followed the directions and downloaded the FTP server checker. It gave several explanations, the only one that made sense was that my password is incorrect. I haven't changed it though and I can't figure out how to get a new one. I need help!