27 Replies Latest reply on Dec 20, 2006 1:36 PM by mwgreen

Unable to log in

brotherhug
      Kuler will not allow me to log in, even when I am logged into the Adobe site. When I cleck the "Forgot" buttons it takes me to my profile page and shows me as logged in.

What gives?
        • 1. Re: Unable to log in
          Sami@Adobe Adobe Employee
          Hi, it would be helpful if you could list the specific sequence you followed.
          • 2. Re: Unable to log in
            brotherhug Level 1
            I went to http://kuler.adobe.com/.

Intially I was told I needed an updated version of Flash which I downloaded and then installed.

I then went back to kuler.adobe.com.
            Then clicked "Log In."
            I logged in with my Adobe user name, "brotherhug" and entered my password.
            I got the message, "Exception Error."

I clicked "Forgot Adobe ID?"
            It opened https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/membership/index.cfm
            I logged in with "brotherhug" and entered my password.
            It opened https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/membership/index.cfm, "Your Account" and all my information was there.

I went back to http://kuler.adobe.com/ and logged in with the same information.
            I got the message, "Exception Error."

I clicked "Forgot Password?"
            The "Your Account" opened again and showed me as logged in.

I went to the forums page, where I was still logged in and posted the message.

I then clicked "Register" which again took me to https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/membership/index.cfm, "Your Profile"

I repeated every step this afternoon in this reply and got the exact same results.

I'm not a computer novice.

Doug Barlow
            • 3. Re: Unable to log in
              Hi, wanted to be sure you saw this post from another member:

The login problem is due to an issue most likely with a user creating an Adobe ID that doesn't have an @ symbol in the user name. For instance if john doe logs in as johnDoe as a username it won't work. However if John Doe were to create a new Adobe ID that would be johnDoe@mydomain.com, it works fine.
              • 4. Re: Unable to log in
                brotherhug Level 1
                Thanks Sami,

I actually tried to create a new account before I wrote the forum as I'd suspected possibly that might be a problem. Unfortunately, I'm unable to do that since my email (and my throw-away address) is already in the system.

Is there any way I can change the log-in name to be my email address? I cannot find a way to do this. It would be nice if Adobe could get accounts to be consistent among all the registrations.

Doug

• 5. Re: Unable to log in
                  Chuck M
                  I can't log in to kuler either. My screen name doesn't include an @. I'd be happy to change it but when I open my account information, the field for screen name is not editable. No explanation given. Safari in OSX.3.9.

Kuler is a nice idea for Adobe to offer - made sadistic by hassles like this. Sucks our life away, drip by unpredictable drip. A tad strong? Yes. Happy Thanksgiving.
                  • 6. Re: Unable to log in
                    Tomek Kuczborski Level 4
                    Sami,
                    I can not login either. My Adobe ID is my email address, I can login to other Adobe sites without problem but kuler flashes back 3 red signs:
                    Forgot Adobe ID?
                    Forgot Password?
                    Server Unavailable

Any suggestions?

Tomek
                    • 7. Re: Unable to log in
                      ocube Level 1
                      Saw this fantastic software but was dissappointted with the long in probs which I have also encountered! Quite a shame seeing I've been scowering the internet for sommething like this and this looks better than all those I've seen previously.
                      • 8. Re: Unable to log in
                        Hi,
                        Apparently there were some issues with the Adobe authentication server and I want to see if the log-in problem got fixed. If you have a log-in that is an email address like Tomasz, you should be able to log in.

As for other folks like Doug, Jean-Claude, and Chuck M, are your IDs from Macromedia or from early Adobe accounts? I'll see what I can find out about changing your log-in name.

Sami
                        • 9. Re: Unable to log in
                          brotherhug Level 1
                          Sami,

Mine would be an old Adobe account.

Doug

• 10. Re: Unable to log in
                            atlantajoe
                            I had login problems yesterday. Finally got that resolved with download support. Today, I am logged in, but there is no download button available. No place to login, only a link to create a new account.
                            • 11. Re: Unable to log in
                              Hello Atlantajoe,
                              Can you take a screenshot of your log-in area on kuler (or lack thereof)? I can see the Sign In button on the upper right, and when I sign in I can pick a theme and view and use the download button. Also, please give browser and OS info.
                              Thanks!
                              Sami
                              • 12. Re: Unable to log in
                                Jean-Claude Tremblay User Group Manager
                                quote:

Originally posted by: Sami Iwata
                                As for other folks like Doug, Jean-Claude, and Chuck M, are your IDs from Macromedia or from early Adobe accounts? I'll see what I can find out about changing your log-in name.

Sami, As I have already told you, my login name is from an early account and I have change and use it for my email adress a few months ago. It works fine everywhere I need to use it for Adobe. Their is no reason it should not be working in kuler.
                                • 13. Re: Unable to log in
                                  Hello folks,

At last. Tracking down log-in problems turned out to be rather complicated. I don't have the best news or the easiest fix but hopefully at least there will be some closure to this issue. :-(

- Existing Adobe IDs with Email Addresses that Aren't Working on kuler:
                                  Unfortunately we can't troubleshoot this on our end. Please contact customer service via www.adobe.com to see if they can help you. https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/knowledgebase/index.cfm?id=77086966

- Would like to change Adobe ID to become an email address:
                                  I've learned that you can’t ‘change’ an Adobe ID --you can only create a new one.

If you have another situation like Atlantajoe, I'm not sure what is happening and I will need more info.

Sami
                                  • 14. Re: Unable to log in
                                    Tomek Kuczborski Level 4
                                    Sami, Jean-Claude

My e-mail login did not work like others, but I tried once again after switching to edit colors screen ( with color wheel and handles) - and there, miraculously it worked! I am now logged in and I am able to design, publish and export themes.
                                    Regards,
                                    Tomek
                                    • 15. Re: Unable to log in
                                      Tomek,
                                      That is the best news I've heard all day. :)
                                      Thanks for the post and maybe it will be a workaround. Are you able to view the other pages (Popular, etc.) once you are logged in?
                                      Sami
                                      • 16. Re: Unable to log in
                                        Jean-Claude Tremblay User Group Manager
                                        quote:

Originally posted by: Tomasz Kuczborski
                                        Jean-Claude

My e-mail login did not work like others, but I tried once again after switching to edit colors screen ( with color wheel and handles) - and there, miraculously it worked! I am now logged in and I am able to design, publish and export themes.

I have try what you suggest but still it does not work... I was able to log in with my other AdobeID from my office, but still it does not work with my personal ID.
                                        • 17. Re: Unable to log in
                                          Tomek Kuczborski Level 4
                                          Well, it seems that it was a one-time favor.
                                          I was let in only once, with access to all the functions including save and publish (which I tried with pleasure).
                                          What was curiuos, that I was identified by Kuler as "tomek" and not as "Tomasz Kuczborski", which is typical to all other Adobe pages where my login is requested.
                                          No I am stuck with no login, as others...
                                          BTW. I found that the site works about 4 times faster on my Intel based Mac, than on the Power PC one.
                                          • 18. Unable to log in
                                            Hi,

Tomek: That is a real headscratcher... so it said "Welcome Tomek"?
                                            If it's not your screen name, what is "Tomek"? What field would that information be in? That's an interesting observation.

Jean-Claude: I'm glad you were finally able to get into the site. :)

Sami
                                            • 19. Re: Unable to log in
                                              mearso3000
                                              I too an unable to login

I get and Exception error. I'm using just my Adobe ID - not the email address.
                                              • 20. Re: Unable to log in
                                                Hello,
                                                As posted by a fellow user:
                                                "This is due to an issue most likely with a user creating an Adobe ID that doesn't have an @ symbol in the user name. For instance if john doe logs in as johnDoe as a username it won't work. However if John Doe were to create a new Adobe ID that would be johnDoe@mydomain.com, it works fine."
                                                Unfortunately there is no way to "reset" your Adobe ID to one with an email address, you would need to create a new one.
                                                Sorry about that, I know it''s not convenient, but at least you might have an answer.
                                                Sami
                                                • 21. Re: Unable to log in
                                                  primalimage
                                                  Hi Sami Iwata,

Tough job I'm sure having to deal with all these unhappy folks who can't log in to the Kuler application - I don't envy being in the middle of all this!

However, my thoughts are how about you guys (that is, the Adobe team that coded the log-in part of Kuler) changing the log-in verification coding to meet your customer's needs rather than the customers changing their log in names to meet what appears to be something not fully thought out when log-in coding was created (or, perhaps, Adobe would prefer that all non-email based User IDs eventually be eliminated, and this is maybe one attempt to encourage that outcome?).

For instance, I for one would not like to abandon my Adobe User ID which is far more convenient for me (than typing in an email address), and which I've used successfully on the Adobe site for years.

I know from creating Web site form verification schemes (such as with JavaScripts) that different criteria can be selected for verification, and I assume that something similar is at work here - why not just remove the part that requires the "@" symbol in the Adobe User ID, mine does not have one, and I prefer not to abandon my current Adobe User ID. Sure would be a nice "customer-friendly" gesture on Adobe's part.

Anyway, though nothing is likely to change, thanks in advance for any additional consideration Adobe might extend to their long-term loyal customers.

And regardless of the above comments on this particular issue, please keep up the great work Adobe Labs, we do appreciate what you do to move technology forward!
                                                  • 22. Re: Unable to log in
                                                    Gene4925
                                                    To say that user IDs with an @ symbol won't work is unacceptable. If the ID works elsewhere on the Adobe site then the lab techs need to bring their application into compliance.
                                                    • 23. Re: Unable to log in
                                                      Hi,

Perhaps the error might be related to this (as described by another user)?

The login problem is due to an issue most likely with a user creating an Adobe ID that doesn't have an @ symbol in the user name. For instance if john doe logs in as johnDoe as a username it won't work. However if John Doe were to create a new Adobe ID that would be johnDoe@mydomain.com, it works fine.

Sami
                                                      • 24. Re: Unable to log in
                                                        ideoverse
                                                        I too was having the "Exception Error" problem due to my Adobe user name excluding the "@" symbol, but I fixed it and it was easy as pie.

Contrary to previous comments, you can change your user name to your email account.

1. Simply login to your Adobe account and go to Edit Your Account Information.
                                                        2. At the very top of the screen, underneath your Adobe ID, is a checkbox for "I would like my e-mail to be my Adobe ID"
                                                        3. Check the box, submit the change, and you're in!

Don't know whether this was a recent change, but it made the process super easy.
                                                        • 25. Unable to log in
                                                          rossimo Level 1
                                                          Using that same process as above, I have had success logging in to the Kuler site.

|rossimo|
                                                          • 26. Re: Unable to log in
                                                            Many thanks to Ideoverse for the update on changing the Adobe ID to an email address! I'm glad you were both able to access kuler. Have fun, and I'll look for your themes...

Sami
                                                            • 27. Unable to log in
                                                              mwgreen Level 1
                                                              quote:

Originally posted by: ideoverse
                                                              Contrary to previous comments, you can change your user name to your email account.

1. Simply login to your Adobe account and go to Edit Your Account Information.
                                                              2. At the very top of the screen, underneath your Adobe ID, is a checkbox for "I would like my e-mail to be my Adobe ID"
                                                              3. Check the box, submit the change, and you're in!

That didn't work for me. I got the surly message that " This e-mail address is already in use. Please try a different e-mail address."

Well yeah, the email address is in use because it's MINE. It's shown in my account area. :(