6 Replies Latest reply on Oct 30, 2015 5:15 PM by kbkbn

Why does LR keep asking me to log in?

helorich

Why does LR keep asking me to log on?  I bought the stand alone issue because I do not like cloud computing due to security reasons.  I have gone through the "fix" to register it as a stand alone - didn't work.  I was told to create a new Adobe ID and reinstall - didn't work.  I was told to uninstall ANYTHING Adobe on my computer and re-install - didn't work.  Every time I log on it asks me to start the trial period or to input my license # (which I do).  If I log out and go somewhere that does not have internet connection....I cannot start the App - all I get is the Adobe Application Manager window asking me to sign in.  I know when I log out it tells me I have to log back in to start the program again but I bought the STAND ALONE program not the CC version - I do not want the CC version.  Cloud based computing is a huge security risk and the files are no longer only yours to view.  Also when in the Library mode and scrolling through my pictures the file name freezes all the time. Come on Adobe fix the piece of crap.  I have been using LR since the beginning and I have never had so many issues.  Who the heck is testing your releases?  Certainly not long time users...

• 1. Re: Why does LR keep asking me to log in?
          deepakg1988 Adobe Employee

Hi,

Could you check is there any creative cloud application installed on the machine.

Thanks

• 2. Re: Why does LR keep asking me to log in?
            dj_paige Level 9

Log in to Lightroom does not give you a cloud application, it does not share your photos in the cloud, it does not share your information with the cloud ... the only thing it does is that it allows Adobe to make sure you are not using your Lightroom serial number on more than two machines.

So, you should just log in, and then remain logged in. Do not log out until you want to de-activate the serial number from your computer.

• 3. Re: Why does LR keep asking me to log in?
              helorich Level 1

Hi, when it was originally installed, it installed as a CC product but you had to log off and input the license # to start the stand alone program.  I believe this is where the issue comes from.  In order to continue to use it you have to have internet connection, log on through Adobe Application Manager and it it will bring me to a splash screen asking me to start the trial or enter my license #.  For a variety or reasons our department does not allow you to remain logged on to any program if you are not using it (even if it is so Adobe can make sure it isn't on two computers - don't kid yourself, if you are logged on there is communication).  That is the reason stand alone products were purchased.  I bought it, I should be able to log off and start it up when I am offline. 

• 4. Re: Why does LR keep asking me to log in?
                dj_paige Level 9

If you are logged in, you can start it up when you are offline, but if you're department doesn't allow that ... well ... then there is no solution.

(even if it is so Adobe can make sure it isn't on two computers - don't kid yourself, if you are logged on there is communication)

Really, I can log in while the internet cable is disconnected, and everything works.

But if you really believe that Adobe is spying on you, why even log in once?

• 5. Re: Why does LR keep asking me to log in?
                  helorich Level 1

I know you can start up the application if you are logged on, but log off and you are out of luck (I have been logged on, logged off, plugged in, unplugged, etc.)  My point is every time I log on it starts the trial period over again even when I put in my license #...my install does not allow me to log on when I am not connected (?)  Also, if you take your laptop somewhere that does not have connection that it is a useless piece of junk program.  I have been using Lightroom since LR 1.0...so I know how it works.  If I buy a stand alone product, that's what I want. 

• 6. Re: Why does LR keep asking me to log in?
                    kbkbn Level 1

I had LR5.  I decided to get LR6.

After I downloaded LR6, I had the CC updater thing(sorry, I don't know it's official name) deposited on my computer even though I had not purchased CC.

Finally, when it [falsely] announced that "my trial period had ended", I decided to get rid of it.  Using Cleanapp (a Mac-only app), I deleted the CC updater thing, and now it...and it's CC logo in my toolbar... is gone.