7 Replies Latest reply on Oct 31, 2015 4:45 PM by A.T. Romano

Can't burn good DVD masters after upgrading to Premier Elements 14

Binbashi Level 1

After burning thousands of good DVD masters using previous versions of Premier Elements I have wasted almost a hundred DVDs (both Verbatim and HP). I have even replaced my old LG DVD drives with the latest LG model. I want to remain a loyal Adobe customer, but my church depends upon me to make DVDs of our weekly services for shut-ins. Can someone please help me?

• 1. Re: Can't burn good DVD masters after upgrading to Premier Elements 14
          A.T. Romano Level 7

Binbashi

What computer operating system is involved with your Premiere Elements 14?

What are you producing DVD-VIDEO standard or widescreen on DVD disc or AVCHD format on DVD disc?

Please confirm and detail your situation

1. Are you producing the DVD disc end product but you are not pleased with the quality.

or

2. Your burn to DVD are all failing and/or the disc is ending up blank after the burn to DVD disc?

What was the last version of Premiere Elements that you used where the end product met your requirements?

We need to determine if you are using different settings, different source media, or other.

Let us start here and then decide what next based on the details in your reply.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: Can't burn good DVD masters after upgrading to Premier Elements 14
            Binbashi Level 1

I'm currently using Windows 10 Pro. No problems with Win 7, 8, or 8.1 and Premier Elements 13.

When I burn a 57 minute edited worship service without chapters or scenes to DVD-R using SD 720 X 576, MPEG-2 at frame rate 25, Premier Elements 14 usually completes the burn and tells me it's done. However, when I attempt to make copies my BestDuplicator  says "Warning Bad Master". This occurs both with Verbatim and HP media. Other times Premier Elements 14 hangs up my PC. Once it hung up and displayed "clock_watchdog_timeout".

I previously used Premier Elements 13 (still on my PC) without problems.

BestDuplicator suggested a problem with my internal LG DVD burner, so I replaced the drives on both my PC and the BestDuplicator with the new LG drives.

• 3. Re: Can't burn good DVD masters after upgrading to Premier Elements 14
              A.T. Romano Level 7

Binbashi

Thanks for the information on your issue.

With regard to

I'm currently using Windows 10 Pro. No problems with Win 7, 8, or 8.1 and Premier Elements 13.

What was the evolution of those computer operating systems - are Window 7, 8, 8.1 and 10 on standalone computers or did you

start with one computer and upgrade its Window 7 64 bit to 8 64 bit, then 8.0 64 bit to 8.1 64 bit, then 8.1 64 bit to 10 64 bit? The information would be important since I get the impression from "clock_watchdog_timeout" that this is probably a hardware issue, maybe driver related and not a problem exclusive to the Premiere Elements 14 burn software. If you install Premiere Elements 13/13.1 on this same Windows 10 64 bit computer, are the results good or comparable to what you are seeing for 14?

And, I would ask about you taking the Premiere Elements generated disc into your duplicator program. In spite of the duplicator message, what does the playback of the disc with your player look like before you go into the duplicator phase of your operation?

Please consider and supply more information.

Any questions or need clarification on the above, please do not hesitate to ask.

Thank you.

ATR

• 4. Re: Can't burn good DVD masters after upgrading to Premier Elements 14
                Binbashi Level 1

I used the same PC and only upgraded the operating system. It has a ASUS Sabertooth X79 motherboard with 24 GB RAM, ant Itel i7- 3820 CPU at 3.6 GHz, ASUS GeForce GTX 770 GPU, two SSD drives, and there large 7,200 rpm hard drives.

Tomorrow I will install Premiere Elements 14 on a brand new HP Z230 Workstation with 16 GB of RAM. I will also try burning a DVD on my i7 PC using Premiere Elements 13 running Windows 10. I will also try burning the same on a Sabertooth 990FX PC with Windows 10 and Premier Pro 14.

I will let you know the results as soon as I have them

• 5. Re: Can't burn good DVD masters after upgrading to Premier Elements 14
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

Binbashi

Thanks for the follow up.

Sounds like a comprehensive plan to get at the core of this burn to quality issue with Premiere Elements 14 on Windows 10 64 bit.

You probably came across the matter previously, but just in case message....

If your computer is not using an Intel HD Graphics 2000 and newer video card/graphics card, then disable the preference related to it in Edit Menu/Preferences/General. The preference name is "Use Hardware Acceleration (works on Intel HD Graphics 2000 and newer)". If you do not have one of those cards and you leave the preference enabled, export problems have been reported.

Looking forward to your results as your schedule permits.

Thank you.

ATR

• 6. Re: Can't burn good DVD masters after upgrading to Premier Elements 14
                    Binbashi Level 1

Both of my other PCs (one running Win 7 Pro and the other Win 10 pro) produced masters that would play and copy perfectly. I spent a couple of hours with ASUS who manufactured the motherboard and finally gave up.

This and the fact that my ASUS Sabertooth X79 motherboard only recognizes 24 GB of RAM out of the 32GB installed has convinced me that it is a hardware problem. It was my intention to replace the motherboard, but I received such poor service from ASUS that I will probably replace the entire PC with a workstation.

• 7. Re: Can't burn good DVD masters after upgrading to Premier Elements 14
                      A.T. Romano Level 7

Binbashi

Thanks for the follow up.

If the problems persist after you check out your computer environments, then we will revisit any Premiere Elements 14 burn to issues and try to troubleshoot that as fast as possible to keep you on schedule with your important work for the church.

Please update us on your progress as your schedule permits.

Best wishes

ATR