• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After years of working, Flash Update cannot connect to the servers

New Here ,
Oct 30, 2015 Oct 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All of a sudden about 2 months ago, Flash Player update cannot connect to the servers.  I would think that it was an Adobe software problem except Java update and Start Menu X update also cannot connect to their servers.  I am not aware of making any changes to my network settings, so something must have gotten blocked ancillary to something else that I dd or installed.  What do these products have in common in their connection to their servers?  Common protocol?  Use the same port? Something even more esoteric?

I know that I can manually update these products but it is a pain to do so.  I would like to fix the problem.

Any thoughts?

Thanks.

-- Tim

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 02, 2015 Nov 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi thvanderwall01,

No changes have been made to the Flash Player background update service.  Since you have multiple programs that are not updating as expected, the problem is somewhere on your system. Do you use a firewall?  Anti-virus software, etc?  Installed some program that may have made changes to your system?

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 02, 2015 Nov 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, but that is what I stated my original question.  I know something that I have done must have caused the problem.  I just cannot figure out what I did or what to change to fix it. 

I am trying to pin down a commonality between the products updaters so that I can determine just what is being blocked.  Is it a particular protocol that is used?  Is is that these installers all use a particular port?

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 03, 2015 Nov 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi THVanderWall01,

I can't speak for the non-Adobe products, however, the background update service uses port 80 for HTTP requests and port 443 for HTTPS requests.

The Flash Player install log file (FlashInstall.log)   may provide information to assist in troubleshooting.  Please do the following:

1. Add SilentAutoUpdateVerboseLogging=1 to the mms.cfg file saved at the following loction:
    • 32-bit OS: C:\Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash
    • 64-bit OS: C:\Windows\SysWow64\Macromed\Flash
  2. Run the Background Update service:
    1. Go to Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Administrative Tools > Services
    2. Look for Adobe Flash Player Update Service
    3. Right-click on it and select Start
      • After the service runs a dialog window will display with text indicating the service on the Local Computer started and stopped. Click OK to close the window.
  3. Locate the FlashInstall.log file saved at the following location:
    • 32-bit OS: C:\Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash
    • 64-bit OS: C:\Windows\SysWow64\Macromed\Flash
  4. The file will most likely be fairly large.  The forums do not allow attachments.  You can paste the contents in your reply, follow the instructions in the How to share a document FAQ to upload the file using cloud.acrobat.com and post the URL in your reply, or use some other file sharing software of your choosing.

Thank you.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines