• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Web App AJAX with File Upload

Guide ,
Oct 30, 2015 Oct 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a Web App input form and the form has the ability for a file to be uploaded. I am using AJAX to submit the form. The form and attached file submits fine. The problem is I need to be able to return the data of the web app, specifically the file name. I know when a file is uploaded random numbers are added to ensure each file is unique. I need this data returned so I can then take the file name and do something with it.

Here is my code:

$(function() {

$('.upload').click(function(){

var formData = new FormData($('form')[0]);

$.ajax({

url: '/CustomContentProcess.aspx?CCID=35265&OID={module_oid}&OTYPE={module_otype}',

type: 'POST',

xhr: function() {

myXhr = $.ajaxSettings.xhr();

if(myXhr.upload){

myXhr.upload.addEventListener('progress',progressHandlingFunction, false);

}

return myXhr;

},

success: function(results){

console.log(results);

},

data: formData,

cache: false,

contentType: false,

processData: false

});

});

function progressHandlingFunction(e){

if(e.lengthComputable){

var progressBar = document.getElementById("progress");

progressBar.max = e.total;

progressBar.value = e.loaded;

}

}

});

Currently, upon success, the data that is displayed is the the HTML code of the web page that has the form.

How do I modify my code to return the submitted web app data, namely the file name as it is upload?

TOPICS
Web apps

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Enthusiast , Oct 31, 2015 Oct 31, 2015

I thought there was a way to render the new items' detail page in the POST response (relating to the PageID parameter on the submit action?), but I couldn't find it.

If the app items don't Require Approval, you can use the {module_webapps} tag in the content of the response to list the latest few items from the app and identify the one just submitted by a unique attribute or token.

A slightly different approach: after submit, run a search on the unique token. I prefer to do it this way because we

Votes

Translate

Translate
Enthusiast ,
Oct 31, 2015 Oct 31, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I thought there was a way to render the new items' detail page in the POST response (relating to the PageID parameter on the submit action?), but I couldn't find it.

If the app items don't Require Approval, you can use the {module_webapps} tag in the content of the response to list the latest few items from the app and identify the one just submitted by a unique attribute or token.

A slightly different approach: after submit, run a search on the unique token. I prefer to do it this way because we can get back a proper JSON response containing exactly one item, and we need not rely on the presence (and correct collection naming) of the {module_webapps} tag in the response.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
Oct 31, 2015 Oct 31, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I was incorrect in my original question. It is actually returning the Custom Content Confirmation Layout page. I used your idea of inserting the latest {module_webapps} and pulling the most recent item. In a quick test it works great.

I will look into doing the unique token idea as that does sound better.

Thank you for the help and ideas!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines