10 Replies Latest reply on Nov 16, 2015 2:31 AM by khatwani

lightroom problem after installation el capitan

micheleg40843947

i'm in trouble...I've just updated my os  x to el capitan and ...i've got many problems.Well this is my model :MacPro5,1 Quad-Core Intel Xeon 2,4 GHz 8 core...I've installed bootcamp and i use both seven 64 bit and os x el capitan, the main folder for lightroom is in  /Volumes/BOOTCAMP/Users/Micky/Pictures/2015 i have also many plugins installed  (autentech perfectly clear and macphun suite)....i was very happy and everything  was working well ...this with Yosemite , before  el capitan, now when i open my catalog and try to modify a picture with modify in...(perfectly clear for example) i have an alert that says to me that Lightroom is not able to prepare the selected file in /Volumes/BOOTCAMP/Users/Micky/Pictures/2015/2015-10-24/IMG_0992.dng for modify. The file will not be opened....Please could you help me?

• 1. Re: lightroom problem after installation el capitan
          khatwani Adobe Employee (Admin)

Hi micheleg,

Greetings!!!

What is the version of Lightroom that you are using ?

If that is Lightroom 6 , make sure that is up to date : http://blogs.adobe.com/lightroomjournal/2015/10/lightroom-cc-2015-2-1-6-2-1-now-available. html

Here is a workaround of the issues with Lightroom and El capitan : http://blogs.adobe.com/lightroomjournal/2015/10/update-on-lightroom-2015-2-lightroom-6-2-r elease.html

Regards

Jitendra

• 2. Re: lightroom problem after installation el capitan
            micheleg40843947 Level 1

ok, just updated...the problem is the same

• 3. Re: lightroom problem after installation el capitan

Hi ,

Did you try this :

• Go to Lightroom > Preferences.
              • Click on the General tab
              • Uncheck “Show ‘Add Photos’ Screen”
              • Restart Lightroom

Regards

Jitendra

• 4. Re: lightroom problem after installation el capitan
                micheleg40843947 Level 1

i've just done it...no solutions....the strange is that I can modify pictures with preset , but when i try "modify in"...i have this message...well i have  also unistralled the MacPhun suite and after re installation....No Results... please help me...

Schermata 2015-11-02 alle 17.14.34.png

• 5. Re: lightroom problem after installation el capitan

It seems to be permissions issue.

Try giving permissions to both the Libraries (System Library & user Library) and the Applications folder.

For Applications Folder

---------------------------------

Open Finder

On the left panel you will find applications folder ->  right click on that (CTRL + Click) and then click on Get Info.

At the bottom you will find sharing and permissions - Click on that

You will find a Lock icon at the bottom right , please click on that lock icon and then it might ask you for your mac password, please put in that.

Now click on the small plus(+) icon and then add the users that you want , Please make sure that you are adding the admin account as well.

Provide read and write permissions to all.

Click on the gear icon at the bottom of the get info window and then choose "Apply to enclosed items "  This will pop a message that changes cannot be undone- click OK to that.

This will apply privileges and that might take a bit time depending upon the size of folder.

once done , Click on lock icon and then close the get info window.

Done with applications folder here.

For User Library

-----------------------

Open Finder

Click on Go at the top and then select "Go to folder"

type "~/Library" and press go

Right Click(CTRL + click) on the the Library folder, if you are inside that library you can right click (ctrl + click) at blank space between the folders and then click on Get Info

You will find a Lock icon at the bottom right , please click on that lock icon and then it might ask you for your mac password, please put in that.

Now click on the small plus(+) icon and then add the users that you want , Please make sure that you are adding the admin account as well.

Click on the gear icon at the bottom of the get info window and then choose "Apply to enclosed items "  This will pop a message that changes cannot be undone- click OK to that.

This will apply privileges and that might take a bit time depending upon the size of folder.

Done with user library folder here.

For System Library

----------------------------

Open Finder

Click on Go at the top and then select "Go to folder"

type "/Library" and press go

Right Click(CTRL + click) on the the Library folder, if you are inside that library you can right click (ctrl + click) at blank space between the folders and then click on Get Info

Done with System library folder here.

Please let me know if that works

Please Note : Do not just right click on complete MAC HD and provide full permissions that can make MAC in no boot mode.

Regards

Jitendra Khatwani

• 6. Re: lightroom problem after installation el capitan
                    micheleg40843947 Level 1

it's impossible charge permissions..tis is a screenshot of the folders ...could you tell me step by step how can ido??Schermata 2015-11-03 alle 20.18.44.png

• 7. Re: lightroom problem after installation el capitan

It seems to be that you are not the administrator of the machine.

Can you please log in through admin account and try that?

Regards

Jitendra

• 8. Re: lightroom problem after installation el capitan
                        micheleg40843947 Level 1

ok..wnen i go on system preferences and then in user and groups this is the windows...so it's seems the i'm the administrator...Schermata 2015-11-06 alle 19.11.14.png

• 9. Re: lightroom problem after installation el capitan
                          micheleg40843947 Level 1

ok ..i try... i go on library and click on the lock icon  than i click on + (add) then click or michele ghedi or administrator an then this is the message Schermata 2015-11-06 alle 19.26.33.pngSchermata 2015-11-06 alle 19.28.45.pngSchermata 2015-11-06 alle 19.29.22.png????why????

• 10. Re: lightroom problem after installation el capitan

Hi

Sorry for this delay.

can you please translate the error message for me ?

Does the problem still exist ?

Regards

Jitendra