7 Replies Latest reply on Nov 3, 2015 6:05 AM by jim_st

LR/ACR Pano Merge Blending (Again..)

jim_st Level 1

Back in April this year I discovered an issue with LR's attempts to merge to panorama files from the Leica M9. I posted it here in this thread. The issue was picked up by Chris Cox and I also contacted Eric Chan about it, and it was subsequently sorted in Camera Raw 9.1. The issue is noted as a fixed bug "Pano Merge: Fixed a Pano blending issue specific to Leica M9" in Lightroom Journal here . Since then I've had no issues with merging files from the M9.

In the latest version of LR (CC2015 2.1) pano merge is again failing with files from the M9: all my attempts to merge panoramas in LR CC2015 2.1 result in files which look much like this:

M9-1005754-Pano.jpg

overlapping black patches in the places where the merged images should be

The file has been named M9-1005754-Pano.dng, as expected, but is only 19.6MB: each of the 4 files merged was over 20MB, and a previous successful LR blend of the same files had produced a file of >176MB.

No problem with merging files from my Pana GX7, so I think this is another Leica digital-M-specific issue. Files which merge to black patches in LR, merge just fine in PS, so I don't think it's a bug in my camera or my files

Anyone else come across this phenomenon?

Jim

PS: running on an iMac under El Capitan 10.11.1

Message was edited by: Jim Stewart