It seems you do not have appropriate permission to the destination folder.
Please provide Read and Write permission to the destination location.
Also, which operating system are you using?
Which version of Lightroom are you using?
Let me know if this helps.
I have the same issue.
Running MAC El Capitan 10.11.1
I was importing from a SD card with Halloween photos and developing on LR with no problem.
I did not pay attention and deleted all the photos in LR.
Try to import from the same SD card again.
This is when I get to the message the error message from LR.
The destination folder has Read and Write permission.
I did that but did not help.
I have to create another "2015" sub directory under RAW->2015->2015-10-29->2015
Then when LR import photos, it will write to the sub "2015" with 2015-11-01 as an example.
This showed that the problem is definitely about LR cannot WRITE to the original RAW->2015->2015-11-01 but it can WRITE to RAW->2015->2015-10-29->2015->2015-11-01.
Does that make sense?
Please try changing the destination location to Desktop and import few images to check for the issue.
Let me know if you are able to import to your Desktop location or not.
Yes, for some reason Lightroom cannot write to the original folder (RAW > 2015 > 2015-11-01). The real question is why? If you have read and write permissions on that folder specifically, that should be all that is required. You can try checking the permissions onto the parent folder (RAW > 2015) and then forcing those on all child folders to update all permissions. But that could take some time depending on how many files and folders are in the 2015 folder. Something that is simple and sometimes helps in these situations is to rename the folder and rename it back to the original name ("2015-11-01" to "Test" and back to "2015-11-01"). Other than that, try recreating the folder. Move all the contents to another folder (such as the new "2015-11-01" that is inside this folder and move that to the desktop, delete the original "2015-11-01", and then move the child object folder back in its place).
I was having the same issue when I was trying to MOVE the photos from an external drive to a new destination. It turned out to be a permissions issue with my Source drive, not the destination. Once I change my import option to Copy, it worked fine.
My source drive's permissions were read only.