2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 2, 2015 11:03 PM by John Doogan

Catalogue file will not quit - have to force quit always

John Doogan Level 1

My main lightroom catalogue will not quit - I always have to do a force quit (Lightroom not responding message in Mac OSX)

Unfortunately all of my recent back-ups of this catalogue have this same issue. I should have got onto this sooner as it has been going on for a couple of months and I just put up with it.

I have tried re-installing lightroom, optimising catalogue ect but still the same problem. It only happens on this catalogue, I can open and close Lightroom without any issues using other catalogues.

Anyone have any strategies for fixing this?

Mac OS 10.11.1; Mac Pro(late 2013) 64GB RAM,  Lightroom CC 2015

• 1. Re: Catalogue file will not quit - have to force quit always
          Tanuj Sandal Adobe Employee

Hi John,

• Quit Lightroom.
          • Navigate to the location of the catalog.
          • Move the catalog to a different location(e.g. Desktop)

<Now Lightroom will not be able to find the catalog and will ask you to create a new catalog>

• Create a new catalog and import few images
          • Quit Lightroom to check for the issue.

If working fine, Use Import from another catalog to import the images from the previous catalog.

Regards,

Tanuj

• 2. Re: Catalogue file will not quit - have to force quit always
            John Doogan Level 1

I think I have narrowed it down to a corruption in a particular catalogue or file that catalogue is referencing. It is a bit of a pain as it is my main working catalogue with years of work.

When I try and export this particular catalogue as a new catalogue it quits part way through with an unexpected error. When I try and import this catalogue from a new catalogue it gets so far and then just hangs.

The only solution I can think of is to try and export the catalogue in smaller chunks so I can narrow it down to the offending part or file the catalogue is getting stuck on.  Unless someone can suggest something else I could try?