3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 2, 2015 4:40 PM by A.T. Romano

buy from best buy or adobe, what's the difference?

lindasRstuff

I was thinking about buying version 14 PS & Premium, but read somewhere that if you buy from Best Buy, that I still will have to download programs/installation files from Adobe site. I never got to even use my version 12, which was bought from Best Buy due to not being able to install it by downloading a couple of files needed, even though it's registered!

My question is, where can I buy a hard copy of version 14, and only have to register it, without worrying about downloading files in order for it to work?! Please let me know, because that will help in my decision.

thank you, Linda

PS: I can't understand why buying from Best Buy means I have to download files from the site...

• 1. Re: buy from best buy or adobe, what's the difference?
          A.T. Romano Level 7

:Linda

Adobe sells only the latest version (now 14) as a download. Typically you can buy either the boxed packaging (with installation discs) or a download from authorized resellers.

You write

PS: I can't understand why buying from Best Buy means I have to download files from the site...

Who says so? Looking at online ad, it looks like Best Buy (if that is your store) sells the boxed packaging with the installation discs.

One of the perks of buying from Adobe is that, if you are not satisfied with the product within 30 days of purchase, you can request a return refund. If you purchase elsewhere, you are governed by the return/refund policy of the seller.

If pricing is an consideration, Adobe gives a discounted price if you can show proof of an earlier version of the program and meet its elibility requirements for that. It calls it "upgrade". This "upgrade" is only a pricing term exclusive in this instance to Adobe. Sometimes an authorized reseller has a longer price than the Adobe "upgrade" pricing. "Upgrade or Full" at Adobe, some product, different pricing. Elements products are sold by Adobe only as outright purchases. They are sold as subscription as are the Creative Cloud Applications, like Premiere Pro. The Elements products are not Creative Cloud applications.

ATR

• 2. Re: buy from best buy or adobe, what's the difference?
            lindasRstuff Level 1

Thank you, I went back and looked, saw that I misunderstood something.

• 3. Re: buy from best buy or adobe, what's the difference?
              A.T. Romano Level 7

lindasRstuff

Thanks for the reply.

I cannot get back into my post 1 to fix some typing mishaps...so I will point to them from this post..

I wrote...

If pricing is an consideration, Adobe gives a discounted price if you can show proof of purchase  for an earlier version of the program and meet its eligibility requirements for that. It calls it "upgrade". This "upgrade" is only a pricing term exclusive in this instance to Adobe. Sometimes an authorized reseller has a lower price than the Adobe "upgrade" pricing. "Upgrade or Full" at Adobe, same product, different pricing. Elements products are sold by Adobe only as outright purchases. They are not sold as subscription as are the Creative Cloud Applications, like Premiere Pro. The Elements products are not Creative Cloud applications.

clean up in the quoted paragraph above is in bold text...

Best wishes with your video editing projects.

ATR