Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Next release? (November 2015)

Participant ,
Nov 01, 2015 Nov 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Just wondering when we can expect the next Air beta release?

Conscience you're all working very hard but I'm aware that the last update was 16th September?

Only a rough idea will do. Guess I'm just looking for assurance that it's coming soon and development is still a priority for Adobe...

Also, while I'm at it...an updated roadmap would be great so we can all see what's being worked on and will be over the coming few months.

Thanks!

TOPICS
Air beta

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 01, 2015 Nov 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dave,

We do AIR Beta almost every week on labs.adobe.com. Are you looking for a particular bug fix?

-Thanks

Pahup

Adobe AIR

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 02, 2015 Nov 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think the worry was about there being so few lately. But I see part of the problem, although the last beta release was about 7 weeks ago, there was a release version less than three weeks ago. As Labs doesn't get a post of the release build, it makes it seem a lot longer since the last AIR build was posted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Pahup,

Thanks for the prompt reply.

Colin was spot on...you were up to a schedule of a beta build every week or two which was awesome but now since 16th September there hasn't been any beta released. Sure, there was a great release build but no beta updates or any communication about it.

That's why I asked about the roadmap as it'd be great to know what's in the pipeline and any estimated timescales. It would really help us keep confidence in the platform especially when defending and promoting it.

Since you ask, a specific issue we're facing at the moment which is a show stopper for the Periscope killer app we're working on is echo cancellation of the microphone audio. We've tried creating our own ANE but the speed and other architecture issues between iOS and Air seems prohibitive.

Do you have that feature on the roadmap or at least could give us some ideas around how we might achieve echo cancellation? Surely this is an easy feature to add into Air since you're already capturing the microphone audio so why not just add the flag to enable echo cancellation? Please?

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yeah, you're right that was the last beta. We didn't had any significant changes on AIR 19 since then and that's the reason to skip it for AIR. In the background, we're working for next major version of AIR and we'll be live with 1st beta very soon.

Regarding, Echo Cancellation, yes, we're aware of this feature request and it's in our backlog. AFAIK, there were some technical feasibility issues with one of the libraries we're using, it isn't that straight forward

-Thanks

Pahup

Adobe AIR

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines