Do you have a serial number for Lightroom 6, this is a 24 digit code, all numbers no characters, in 6 groups of 4 digits? (Don't type in the serial number here in this forum, just answer yes or no)
If you have such a number, then follow these instructions: https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom/kb/serialize-lightroom-cc-trial-to-activate-as-lightroom -6.html
Yes, I have a 24digit code. Are you saying I should install first as a trial and then try to validate? Because at the moment I can't install
Please follow the instructions.
Also, please tell me EXACTLY and in detail what happens when you try to enter your serial number, if there is an error message please quote the EXACT unedited complete word-for-word error message; or show me a screen capture.
I'm not sure if I understand things correctly...
Here's the thing - I bought an Adobe Lightroom 6 (CD NOT CC) and put the CD in de drive of my iMac. At some point of the instal it asks for the serial code. I put in the right numbers (check, recheck and double check) but it says "We can't validate this serial number for Adobe Lightroom. please contact costumer support" Actually, it's in dutch. This is my translation.....
I looked at this link you send but I don't see what I can do since I don't have a running LR6....
how do I send you a PM?
my serial number is xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx
adobe ID email is email@example.com
hope you can help!
2015-11-02 16:04 GMT+01:00 sarsaxen <firstname.lastname@example.org>:
You have been mentioned
Re: Just bought a new LR6 to run on iMac, but it won't validate! in Adobe
Community* - View sarsaxen's reference to you
I have checked the serial number and found it do be a valid serial key.
Would you please try to download Lightroom 6 following the below steps:
- Adobe recommends temporarily turning off any surfing restrictions you might have running, like site or cookie blocking, filtering, firewalls or antivirus software.
- Click «HERE» to visit this page first, before clicking the links below – this is critical!
- If asked, sign in with your Adobe ID or take a minute to create one for yourself.
- Now close any windows that popped up and cancel any downloads that started.
- OK! Now you’re logged in at Adobe with the trials cookie set, so you can instantly download any of the software below. Just make sure you have enough disk space.
- Download the files either by clicking directly on the DDL links, or by right-clicking and choosing “Save Link As…” on the popup menu.
- Open or double-click the downloaded file to start the product installation.
Perfect, now you’re all set – here are the Lightroom 6/CC direct links:
- Lightroom 6 for Windows (744 MB) – Direct download link – All languages
- Lightroom 6 for Mac OS (727 MB) – Direct download link – All languages
Then try to use the serial number.
I did everything you told me to do, but I still get the same message,
saying the serial number can't be validated....
The trial i downloaded and installed was Photoshop elements - was that
Still waiting for a solutions,
2015-11-02 16:44 GMT+01:00 sarsaxen <email@example.com>:
Just bought a new LR6 to run on iMac, but it won't validate! created by
sarsaxen <https://forums.adobe.com/people/sarsaxen> in *Photoshop
Lightroom* - View the full discussion
No you may uninstall Photoshop elements as its not required to be installed.
You need to install the Dutch version of Lightroom as I have checked your Lightroom serial number its for the Dutch language.