I am not sure but it seems it's a Flash Player problem.. try to publish the .swf file in a lower version (lower than the browser flash player version).
Also if you're using a mask on the object, release the mask and try..
It's not the Flash player version. I'm publishing to 11.2 and testing in Chrome which should be up to date.
I do have a mask on, but removing it doesn't help anything.
Anyone else have any ideas? Again, this works when testing inside Flash Pro, but not in the standalone player or any browsers.
Did you tried to remove the mask or you've decided that it doesn't help anything? because that's happening with me only when I use a mask, so you should know the reason first to find a way to resolve it.
No, I tried and it didn't help.
In your timeline, how long is the movieclip?
I've made a lot of use of 'Multiply-blended' movieclips. And, depending on how your published material plays back, your movie clips could behave in an unpredictable way.
To test your file, try reducing the length of the movieclip you intend to blend through "multiplying" to just one frame.
Make sure the art inside is visible and noticeable.
If this works, my guess is that your end playback loops through your movieclip, displaying frames other than what you want.
There are organizational tricks to avoid this. But, give this a try to see if they're worth pursuing in the first place.
Thanks for the help everyone. I've now realized that the problem is that I'm trying to blend a regular movieclip onto a background which is a Starling quad. Apparently, this works inside Flash Pro but not in the browser. This really sucks because I need to layer regular Flash movieclips on top of a background made in Starling, but apparently it can't be done if I want to use blending techniques.