5 Replies Latest reply on Nov 4, 2015 9:21 AM by Chuck Uebele

Open RAW files from Fujifilm X-T10

davidblatner Adobe Community Professional

Adobe gave MAX attendees a Fujifilm X-T10, but... is it true that Camera Raw doesn't open files from this camera?! It appears that we have to use an app called "RAW FILE CONVERTER EX 2.0 powered by SILKYPIX"

Is this true? Or am I missing something obvious?

• 1. Re: Open RAW files from Fujifilm X-T10
          JimHess Adobe Community Professional & MVP

That camera was first supported in Camera Raw 9.1, which is compatible with Photoshop CS6 or later. If you don't have a compatible version of Photoshop then you can download and use the free DNG converter to create digital negative copies of your raw files.

• 2. Re: Open RAW files from Fujifilm X-T10

Thank you, Jim. Wow… ah, yes, I see it now: Cameras supported by Camera Raw

I searched up and down for this information. Perhaps google couldn't find it because I was looking for X-T10 (what's on the manual), but Adobe calls it "X-T-10"

I'll try it out and report back.

• 3. Re: Open RAW files from Fujifilm X-T10

Quick follow-up: Both Camera Raw and the DNG converter worked great after I figured out one more piece of the puzzle: The XT10 doesn't shoot RAW (.RAF) files by default, so I was only getting JPEGs anyway! I had to turn off the Auto switch and turn on the FINE + RAW setting inside the image capture menus.

(That's probably obvious to many camera owners, but I've always been a point-and-shoot guy, so it was new to me. Maybe this thread will help others, too.)

• 4. Re: Open RAW files from Fujifilm X-T10
                Warunicorn Adobe Community Professional

davidblatner wrote:

Quick follow-up: Both Camera Raw and the DNG converter worked great after I figured out one more piece of the puzzle: The XT10 doesn't shoot RAW (.RAF) files by default, so I was only getting JPEGs anyway! I had to turn off the Auto switch and turn on the FINE + RAW setting inside the image capture menus.

(That's probably obvious to many camera owners, but I've always been a point-and-shoot guy, so it was new to me. Maybe this thread will help others, too.)

I think that's the way it is with their cameras. I have an X-S1 and that defaults to JPEG-only until you set it to otherwise. (There's a RAW button on the camera too.) The JPEGs do look great but I like a little more control.  xD

• 5. Re: Open RAW files from Fujifilm X-T10
                  Chuck Uebele Adobe Community Professional & MVP

I inadvertently switched that lever to A and found out I was shooting jpgs also. I think a lot of cameras are set by default to shoot jpgs. If you know about RAW, you want to set your camera to that, if you don't, you'll be scratching you head as to why you can't upload your recently shot photos to FB.